The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: About ready to take a sledge hammer and.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    dude if you saw under this car and the shit the did to the paint youd wanna hang some people.....its a good thing im repainting it and dont need the engine/tranny anytime soon.....however if the wife gets her permit by sept ill have the engine/tranny rebuilt and give her the 02g frame with the rebuilt shit in it.

Might not matter now, but I'd check the IAC and some of the other sensors. My coworkers have had a couple of ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensors go bad and they've caused some goofy problems.

im taking it to pepboys and have a diagnostics/road test done to see what i can find out. Im just hoping its not a tranny issue.

ok so i got pepboys to do the diagnostics(free-yay) and i have two codes- random missfire and rear bank 2 o2sensor. I towed the car there but had to drive it home. While driving it the car would go puttputtputtputt along at 10-20mph no matter how hard i mashed the gas...but when i would pump the gas over and over she'd slowly increase puttputt till she'd suddenly take off like a bat outta hell. But whenever i stopped at a light i was back to puttputtputt till id get the pumping to get her going. [Note:]-when i was pumping the engine wasnt reving but i would here a puffpuff out the exuast like she was trying to push more. is it possible for that rear o2 sensor to stop the car from going vroom vroom?

So i decided to try and make the car look at least halfway decent till i finish all the modding and save the paint job for last or at least till i have a compressor set up that runs on 120v that can handle my paint gun setup.
    the last (profane) owners of the car tried to fix sunspotting with house paint on the hood roof and trunk
    this is what the sun spots on the hood roof and trunk looked like that they tried to repaint with house paint

the roof looked like this minus the big metal spots where i applied the paint stripper to the hood

this is the roof after i stripped it and primed/painted it with specialty rattle can paint.
    sorry for bad photos it was getting dark and i used phone didnt have my reg camera with me.

Last edited by jubeiaire; 08-15-2010 at 01:48 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12