The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC/Heat/Air is broken

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

AC/Heat/Air is broken

2001 model. Okay, so I have no idea what the history of this car is as I just bought it in December but it seems to be alright, runs well and also a local mechanic who has a thing for mitsus told me the car looks great mechanically.

Earlier today the AC was working fine, then I parked it and came back to it about three hours later. Nothing. No heat, no AC, the green light wont even light up when I press the AC. A very small amount of air comes out of the vents no matter if it is on zero or four.

To refresh, I am a woman. Stereotypically, women know nothing about cars, and I'm not much of an exception. I can change my air filter, my battery, and know how to change a tire, although I never have. And I know where my fuse box is. That's about it.

That being said:

What fluids are required for the AC and all that junk to work? In my (really amature) opinion, it would not be any fluids that are low since nothing is coming out at all.

Could it be a fuse? A manual did not come with this car. Should I just check them all?
    If it is a fuse, is the only way to figure out if its just a burnt out fuse, or an electrical problem where the fuse will keep going out is if I buy a fuse and see if it goes out?

What if its electrical?

The hells wrong with my car?

Experienced TGC Member
    Well first check out the fuses, there is a diagram on the inside of the fuse box door that will tell you which one to check. I cant remember if it is the fuse box on the side of the dash or the one in the engine bay
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Well first check out the fuses, there is a diagram on the inside of the fuse box door that will tell you which one to check. I cant remember if it is the fuse box on the side of the dash or the one in the engine bay
    When I went into the fuse box this morning, the one on the drivers side, the green 30 fuse, the lower on was melted into a ball of mush. I pulled it out but some of the stuff is still in there. What the hell? How do I get it out? Why's that happen?

Ps my AC/Heat/Air works now.

aaaand now my car wont start

Quote Originally Posted by UTR View Post
    aaaand now my car wont start
    you're gonna have to be more specific on that one. what happens when u turn the key>?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Start by checking ALL your fuses in the interior panel AND under the hood. My bet is that another fuse (or relay) is blown out.

well this is a dead thread...

If you took out the fuse and now your car wont start Im betting that the 30 fuse needs to be in for the car to run. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to get the remaining part of the old fuse out. Then make sure you replace it with the proper amp fuse. Once thats done try starting your car. Just dont not use the AC until you found out what caused the fuse to blow.