The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cant Open the trunk from Inside.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Cant Open the trunk from Inside.

I just noticed that no matter how hard i pull the little lever next to the driver seat the Trunk wont open, and after further inspection I noticed that the cable attached to the lock barely moves when i pull on the lever. Is there a way to fix this?

did you unlock the remote trunk release?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    did you unlock the remote trunk release?
    x2 check on the trunk latch there a white thingy that locks or unlocks that, I have mine lock cause If someone breaks in I don't want him to have easy access to trunk.

4g64T 5spd

what is this lock you speak of? and then how do you get into it if you don't have a key hole lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Are you currently locked in the trunk? Or do you have a deadbody needing to be disposed of locked in the trunk?

its a small lever, maybe 1/2 inch long that barely moves side to side or up an down since ur trunk is closed. Its on the bottom of ur trunk latch release...it will open if u can get to the safety release handle vel-croed to the trunk lid inside.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by galantman03 View Post
    what is this lock you speak of? and then how do you get into it if you don't have a key hole lol
    Well mine has a keyhole but f not try going through the back seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Are you currently locked in the trunk? Or do you have a deadbody needing to be disposed of locked in the trunk?
    LMAO

4g64T 5spd

what year is your galant?
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

if it's 2002 or 03 there will be a green wire with a white stripe in the harness going to the rear on the drivers side under the rocker panel ( long plastic panel next to seat when you open the door) if it's an 02 strip it back and touch 12 volts to it and the trunk will pop, if its an 03 cut it and touch 12 volts to the side going to the rear and it will pop.
    Sign here so we can do stuff to your stuff...

sry guys i haven't come to you earlier today. I still gotta check that little switch, i will deff try doing it tomorrow.

ps
    1999 galant es v4

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    it happened on my 96, there is a little locking mechanism near the latch on the trunk. i bet you hit it accidentally and made it lock as mine had to be openned with the key to fix it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Hey guys, I just checked the little white piece of plastic and it was on "FREE", although i tested it a couple of times to be sure, and nothing. It appears that there is no pressure going on that cable.