The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Light Stalk/Switch Issues

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Light Stalk/Switch Issues????

Goodnight TGC,

I have an electrical issue and i am hoping that you guys can help me. When I turn on my low beams, they come on without any issues. When i try to turn on high beams, they come on but dont stay on. The bulbs work but I think the problem seems to be the lever/stalk on the inside of the car which is used to activate the lights.

The problem is, my galant is a jdm 8g. I am unable to locate a replacement lever (only finding USDM replacements on Ebay). I am wondering if

1) These levers can be disassembled and "serviced"?

2) The USDM light stalk be interchanged with the JDM version?

3) Are the stalks interchangeable between different cars of the same manufacturer e.g Galant and mirage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know on the USDM 8G Galants, if you pull on the stalk the high beams will come on until you let go, but if you push on the stalk, it stay on until you pull it back.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Are you in the US or overseas? If you are here with a JDM galant, first try pinoyesv6's suggestion, as that's how our USDM ones work, otherwise I'm sure you can find a JDM light switch through one of the overseas guys here who can get it and ship it over.

Hi, I am actually in Barbados. I tried what pinoy said but it doesn't work. Checked ebayUK as well but not finding the wiper stalks either. It is near impossible to find Gs here which are scrapping. The reason I asked about interchanging them is that the stalk in the 8G looks physically identical to the one in my 5G mirage.