The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Having an issue

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon2 Having an issue

So let me start of by saying, I have this thing my galant does when i hit a certain speed on my galant. I had a slight acciddent with it a while back, but anyways while speedin on the highway. I dipped into another lane but to my surprise there was a taxi
    right in front of me. So as soon as humanly possible I jam the brakes making the stop but not missing the raised piece of curb on the highway(why it's there idk, dont' ask, can't explain) while my car is slidin as the wheels are no longer in motion.

So Now when I take to about 50-65 mph, it begins to shimmy and shake at those speeds but if I take it higher it dies out a little but you can still feel it. Now I was wondering if this a Major problem like the axel or if it's something like a bad rotor.

Please help! This car has gave me some good memories in it and I need to repay my galant back. Besides the car I was dippin thru traffic was a Porche Carrera 4S. I bet he's still looking for a race and I'm still game.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Is your rim bent? if not maybe you just need an alignment
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

It just sounds like your wheels are really off-balance. i would get the wheels balanced and rotated. then if the problem still occurs, get an alignment. after that if the problem is still there i dont know what it could be, or what to tell you.

Sounds like your rims, but it can be one of many things. The easiest way to check is, switch the front rim on the side that went into this dip that you mentioned with the one at the rim at the back. See if that fixes the shakes.

+1, if that doesnt work, you can start by checking suspension components to make sure nothing bent or broken. Strut, axel, lower control arm, etc..

you can also warp your rotors stopping like that i stopped from 100mph+ a few times and it warped mine had a bad shake at those speeds till i replaced them and got some vented, slotted, and drilled ones so they stay cooler.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

+1 True about the rotors. Also check all your supension such as control arms bushing.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built