The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 463 of 538 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,241 to 9,260 of 10744
    Heres the pics of the lowering for whoever asked for them, I dont remember who it was and im too lazy to go searching.

Sits nicely, a tad too low for the Gr2's, they give.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Sits nicely, a tad too low for the Gr2's, they give.

Too low for the gr2's?

Why does oak have 2 different pics???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Whoops, totally wrong picture...that's embarrassing

Whats with posting the pictures?
    A lot of the reviews I read said the GR2's can handle a 2" drop MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Why does oak have 2 different pics???

because he changed profile pics lol

don't worry though. it throws me off as well, because he has had that same profile pic for like years lol. I don't like this car for your pic bro...

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    because he changed profile pics lol

don't worry though. it throws me off as well, because he has had that same profile pic for like years lol. I don't like this car for your pic bro...
    Scorpion was getting old. I don't even play MK anymore. Lol, what should it be?

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 10-22-2014 at 11:48 PM

But look at the screenshot, they are both displayed...I've never seen that, once you change it changes for everything

Must be a glitch. I changed it yesterday around 2pm. Haven't changed it since.

Any more info on why the 2" drop is too much for the KYB's?
    I was reading and people say they have gone 45k with them being fine?

^^^Luck of the draw kid.

Take a full size truck for example, rated to pull 8,500lbs. Does that mean it won't pull 8,501lbs? No, I'm pretty sure it will, it'll probably pull 10,000 even 12,000lbs. I'm sure people have done it too, with no problems. But then again I'm sure there are those who only pulled half the rated load and fried the transmission.

So back to the shocks, they aren't rated to be used with lowering springs period, especially a 2 inch drop. Has it been done without problems? Yes. Have shocks failed prematurely? Yes. Should you expect to get the same 45k miles someone lucked out with? I wouldn't. Just don't be upset when the shocks go out, and be happy for every problem free mile you get out of them.

Last edited by oakrdrs187; 10-23-2014 at 02:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 12GaugeMule View Post
    Any more info on why the 2" drop is too much for the KYB's?
    I was reading and people say they have gone 45k with them being fine?
    The problem with the GR-2's versus a lowered strut (like the KYB AGX or similar) is simple. The range of travel is different and the GR-2's are severely limited to their range of effective movement. There is a 'butter' zone the strut should typically always be within.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    The problem with the GR-2's versus a lowered strut (like the KYB AGX or similar) is simple. The range of travel is different and the GR-2's are severely limited to their range of effective movement. There is a 'butter' zone the strut should typically always be within.
    Would agx give more of a drop tho? Ive seen plenty cars on s tech springs...seems like the drop always varies

They result in different heights because of the settling point of the suspensions they're going into. The factory rubber bushings are all seized in at some position and they will actually put serious load on the shocks/springs to stay in that orientation. Can make installing lowering g setup difficult because the stock suspension, particularly in back, will resist decompressing.

It's part of the reason prothane bushings are such a great upgrade. They remove bushing preload and let the springs and shocks do their job.

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Would agx give more of a drop tho? Ive seen plenty cars on s tech springs...seems like the drop always varies
    I've not seen a vast difference in lowering with GR2 or AGX in our cars.

so i got my "new" steering rod it was supose to be " steering rods 01 or newer V6 should fit the K-frame i have well this one is a 03 and it dont fit much buuutt it fits more than anything else ive laid my hands on so i was wondering if you guys in AMERICA recognize this as the usdm V6 sttering rod

and i put the bigger better faster stronger wider and did i mention BIGGER Brake Booster...... didnt fit had to hammer out the inner fender a lil bit.... a lil lot lol

pics dont do it justice its realy tight in there
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

^^^Luck of the draw kid.

Take a full size truck for example, rated to pull 8,500lbs. Does that mean it won't pull 8,501lbs? No, I'm pretty sure it will, it'll probably pull 10,000 even 12,000lbs. I'm sure people have done it too, with no problems. But then again I'm sure there are those who only pulled half the rated load and fried the transmission.

So back to the shocks, they aren't rated to be used with lowering springs period, especially a 2 inch drop. Has it been done without problems? Yes. Have shocks failed prematurely? Yes. Should you expect to get the same 45k miles someone lucked out with? I wouldn't. Just don't be upset when the shocks go out, and be happy for every problem free mile you get out of them.

Well its my non daily driver, if they do happen to fail what is a set i should look to go with for my springs with a 2" drop?

AGX will last a little longer. Also as silvertune mentioned, reviving the other components of the suspension will allow the shocks and springs to do their part and only that.

AGX will last a little longer. Also as silvertune mentioned, reviving the other components of the suspension will allow the shocks and springs to do their part and only that.

So would this be a good option?
    If my neighbor cant install this who can?
    Any mechanic?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Prothane-Tot...669bfd&vxp=mtr

PROTHANE Total Suspension Bushing Insert Kit

Application:

95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse FWD
    95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD
    95-99 Eagle Talon FWD
    95-99 Eagle Talon AWD
    94-98 Mitsubishi Galant

TOTAL Kit includes:

Front Upper Control Arm Bushings
    Front Lower Control Arm Bushings
    Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings
    Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
    Front Sway Bar Bushings 19mm
    Rear Sway Bar Bushings 15mm FWD
    Rear Sway Bar Bushings 18mm AWD
    Front Shock Bushings
    Rear Shock Bushings
    Super Grease

--

its $200?

Page 463 of 538 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513 ... LastLast