The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 506 of 538 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516 ... LastLast
Showing results 10,101 to 10,120 of 10744
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTower89 View Post
    Correct that is the trunk lid trim I am looking for. The vis cf trunk for some reason was modeled off of a edm galant not world spec. I would like to get the galant trim but if I have to go to the junk yard and get one off of a civic and drill a hole for the key it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Just delete the keyhole and do a popper like on the '02/'03. I have all the parts from my '02 should you decide to go that route, can't be that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn0Nut1996 View Post
    I'm trying to add 2 switches for the halos and leds in my headlights and I am using an extendable circuit from led glow to get the power to the switches, and it keep blowing the fuse (10amp). I tried to move the extendable circuit to a 15amp fuse and blew that as well. I'm confused? I used the exact same circuit from the exact same fuse for just the halos and it was fine, but when I add the extra leds it blows. Could I have the pos and neg reversed on the switch, or would that even effect this issue?
    LEDs don't turn on when you book up the wire in reverse, as they are diodes. They only work one way,and that won't cause the fuse to blow. Try a new circuit. I used the cigarette lighter bottom plug power wires to provide power for alot of things since I've had the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    LEDs don't turn on when you book up the wire in reverse, as they are diodes. They only work one way,and that won't cause the fuse to blow. Try a new circuit. I used the cigarette lighter bottom plug power wires to provide power for alot of things since I've had the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you are saying the wires are possibly reversed? Like I should switch the pos and neg on the switches terminals? Of course the switches didn't come with a wiring diagram or any markings for that matter.. If I power the switches from the cig lighter wont that just cause the cig lighter fuse to blow?

Heres a diagram I drew up real quick..

They are lighted switches, so I'm assuming the middle pin is going to be the power in. I only drew one of the two switches because they are identicle. How they are wired now is on top, and what I need to do is on the bottom? Thanks for your help. I have a lot of stuff going on and this is really begginging to be frustrating.
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Put on a OEM roof spoiler (Hint zoom in on the label)

aerodynamic as f**k
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Washed my car...

One day I'll have sidekirts, then I'll be cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by juicejax; 07-31-2015 at 05:56 PM

Sexy. Those rays look good. Tht lip is massive. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boosting90 View Post
    Sexy. Those rays look good. Tht lip is massive. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Washed my car...

One day I'll have sidekirts, then I'll be cool
    You know my other side skirts are sitting in the garage, right?

Came home from work today to find this...

I was so happy having a crack free dash. Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    You know my other side skirts are sitting in the garage, right?
    I forgot, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    I forgot, how much?

$125

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan251 View Post
    Came home from work today to find this...
    I was so happy having a crack free dash. Grrrr.
    Yeah, I know that feeling, I guess these cars are just not that young anymore. I discovered a hairline crack in mine just a week after I swapped it over from my previous car(s). Just another custom plastic project for down the road lol.

Hello, This is my first post on this site. I hope it will help me on my mission to fix up my 2003 Galant ES.
    Today I bought a new radiator and tomorrow I am going to replace my old one. It looks like a dragon threw up on my engine cover. Any Suggestions on installation?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john&thefixerupper View Post
    hello, this is my first post on this site. I hope it will help me on my mission to fix up my 2003 galant es.
    Today i bought a new radiator and tomorrow i am going to replace my old one. It looks like a dragon threw up on my engine cover. Any suggestions on installation?
    you may want to start off by posting up in the new member section. This will get you started.

Found this rare piece at the yard.

It was on a 98.5 technially 99 8G. The manufacture date was June of 1998.
    I was in awe checking this car out, it was a loaded model. Very strange and rare to have air bags in cloth seats, back then. Also it was a 4 cylinder model with ABS yet rear drums, had a sunroof too. Basically all the bells and whistles with 4 cylinder economy and no leather.

Anyway took the visor and I'm happy to anounce it installed and programmed to my garage opener. Pretty slick IMO.

That is around the same time about 500 DE's were available with a factory manual transmission :)

I'm still looking for a manual 8G. I would just like to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post

Found this rare piece at the yard.

It was on a 98.5 technially 99 8G. The manufacture date was June of 1998.
    I was in awe checking this car out, it was a loaded model. Very strange and rare to have air bags in cloth seats, back then. Also it was a 4 cylinder model with ABS yet rear drums, had a sunroof too. Basically all the bells and whistles with 4 cylinder economy and no leather.

Anyway took the visor and I'm happy to anounce it installed and programmed to my garage opener. Pretty slick IMO.
    That's pretty much sums up my 8g only it came with the v6 and rear disk the only options my car didn't come with was factory leather and the infinity sound system. I have though installed factory leather with the air bags and mirror tweeters out of a 99gtz that a guy was parting out in my area.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member
    Nice find. You see another like it let me know.

Not really related to my G.. But it has been a sad week for my family.. I'll skip the details but I have now inhereted a bone stock 1991 Jeep Cherokee pickup with 70k original miles. The minimal rust was recently fixed, as well as repainting of the front end to get rid of rock chips and the usual general maintenence all its life. It has some scratches here and there to be expected from 24 years of use, but nothing terrible. No clue what I'm going to do with it, right now I'm planning on selling it but I need to find out what its worth first. KBB is always handy haha
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Page 506 of 538 FirstFirst ... 6406456496502503504505506507508509510516 ... LastLast