The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 526 of 538 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536 ... LastLast
Showing results 10,501 to 10,520 of 10744

New tail lights finally came in after someone rear ended me and broke my old ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icon7 Winter Prep

Winter prep!

Cleanup:
    I spent most of the day, giving it a wash / wax

Door seals:
    I spent some time going over the seals on the car with silicone grease like I do every year before winter. Keeps the seals fresh and helps
    stop sticking in icy conditions. Checked all fluids.

Trim Piece Replaced:
    You can't really tell, but I also replaced the long trim piece that runs from the front near the cowl to the back, the one drip molding that runs the length of the car.
    Mitsubishi ordered it and surprisingly it came in the next day, which was nice. It wasn't hard to replace, so I didn't take pictures.

Inspection:
    Checked everything, determined that I need to do a few things soon. Ie; replace shocks, clean the steering wheel.
    I need to touch up the under carriage and paint some parts, since I haven't done that since spring.

Notes:
    I really appreciate my 8g, and want it to stay well maintained, because small maintenance issues can really add up over time.

Out of everything I've owned, its probably my favorite car.

Experienced TGC Member
    WOW! Beautiful car.

Haha thanks coconut. I appreciate that.

Experienced TGC Member
    Your Welcome theenternalconflict.

I 2nd what coconut said. I wish my stock wheels were in better condition like yours. I probably would've held out longer on 18's as the stock ones suit the car well.

Haha, thanks for the good word. The stock wheels are only that way because I paint them every now and then. I'm hoping to paint them before winter but I don't know if I'll be able to make it happen. And here I am dreaming of 18's ...

Hmmmm bump sticks!!

I replaced the timing belts for a second time on my Galant. I also replaced the water pump and that was pretty hard because I had bought one from AAP. I believe it would have been alot easier if I had used a OEM pump instead. And I replaced the cam seal and made a special tool to hold the Crank and cam to remove both gears. The tool was made out of angle iron. 2 in 1 tool! Btw sweet Black Galant above!

Cam gear tool made from 2X4 and old cam belt for those who don't have a welder.

Quote Originally Posted by John165 View Post
    I replaced the timing belts for a second time on my Galant. I also replaced the water pump and that was pretty hard because I had bought one from AAP. I believe it would have been alot easier if I had used a OEM pump instead. And I replaced the cam seal and made a special tool to hold the Crank and cam to remove both gears. The tool was made out of angle iron. 2 in 1 tool! Btw sweet Black Galant above!

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Now thats a real press, love the tooling.

Its been a while since I post any updates... I got the car painted white! Got tired of black especially with the fading clear coat my paint was in terrible condition... Still need to install my sideskirts back on.

Also took advantage of the 50% off Black Friday sale at the jy... Spent $27 total

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Man! those seats are in excellent condition, I'm so jealous, each 3g driver's seat I saw were so worn...

Quote Originally Posted by yhkwok View Post
    Man! those seats are in excellent condition, I'm so jealous, each 3g driver's seat I saw were so worn...
    Thanks... I was super excited when I saw em... they were covered in ash and cigarette butts when I opened the door lol but once I saw no tears or scratches I had to have em

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I went to the junkyard and pulled a 3g tranny with clutch lines, clutch and break pedals, master / slave cylinder, hard and soft lines, 3 harness pigtails, shifter assembly, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and clutch fluid reservoir and sonata dohc for 146 and basically other then the dohc (lol) am I missing anything in my parts list for the swap I've done my research and see some posts about maybe using a 3g or evo ecu but I'm not sure if I need it I have a 03 2.4 es also what wiring needs to be done and how hard is it I must admit this is my first time doing anything like this but I was able to take these parts off so I'm pretty sure I can put them back on

All of the bushings in the front and rear, including the rear spindles, are now polyurethane. Next is to install the camber kits and align it

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 526 of 538 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536 ... LastLast