The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 467 of 538 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,321 to 9,340 of 10744
    Not really in the mood to update the project thread... so here is a little snippet of whats to come :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

3in cat back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

3" converter 2.5" all 304 stainless tig welded and ill have it electro polished straight trough and turns into a dual exhaust right after the drive shaft tunnel btw the converter isn't real its just a look alike so i can get the car registered.

Btw all the metrial is a graduation present from my dad aint no way i would be able to aford all that atm lol
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

So, I got luck and my friend knew someone selling winter steelies and tires with about 500 miles on them for $250. I jumped on it not even thinking because that was under half what I would spend to put winter tires on the extra 17" rims I have. Well dumb me, I checking the lug pattern and nothing else. Turns out the wheels were off a Civic so the center bore was only 64.1mm. Now what? Start hunting junk yards and asking everyone I know to no avail. Enter Guzm4n:

Great, Guzm4n saves me from the wraith of my wife, only have to spend a little more $ and I'm set. She tells me that I have to get the old steelies sold as soon as possible to offset my extra cost. Still I've got a great deal for an extra set of rims and snow tires so I'm happy. Run everything up to my friend so he can swap out tires. He gets done and we are talking about what else we are going to do to my Galant. We start talking about getting all my prothane bushings in and getting aligned. he tells me to go home and get the winter set on so as not to scratch my good rims when we align the car before we swap bushings so we know nothing else is bad. I'm thinking, great,finally some more progress, then he hits me with "you got the mag lug nuts that go with these rims right?" Yes I'm an idiot. So I spend about 6 hrs at the junk yard walking the ground and digging in the dirt but finally found them:

But I got lucky again and happened upon these:

AEM Short Ram Intake-$11

Eclipse Strut Bar-$12

Nice, the couplers look a little beat up, I think the AEM pipe is 2.75 inches, so you would need a 90 degree 2.75 inch coupler and a straight 2.75 to 3 inch for the MAF
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

The AEM intake was a deal!

No problem man glad to see them going to use & I totally forgot about the mag lug nuts sorry about that wish I would've remembered

I honestly had no idea Mitsubishi used mag lugs. And no worries, I thought to message you to see if you happened to have them still but you already saved my ass once. Words can not describe the anger my wife had towards me about these damn tires. I'm just very thankful you helped me out.

So in the Christmas spirit I decided to get my wheels redone. I already did the centers but now I'm stuck between a few ideas for the lip. Do I go back to chrome? Polished or do I go Black?

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Stay chrome. Love that car.

Yes stay chrome for sure! You're car is part of the reason I got my old wheels =D

Black chrome
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Experienced TGC Member
    Second that. Black chrome.

thanks for the comments you guys. That black chrome sounds interesting, gonna look into that to see how that might look.

-Danny

my old te37's that I did black chrome....should've never sold them....but youll get the idea how black chrome will show in the night and day.

02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

on the topic of wheels... ive bin lookin at xxr 522 from what i understand they are a replica of Rota wheels. here is what a friend told me he said that rota made/make replica of other wheels i think he said einke but they got so popular that they got more expencive is that true xxr are like the replica of the replica
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I love it lol. You convinced me

-Danny

I really like that black chrome! So what's it take to apply that to a set of rims?

Idk that's what I'm going to find out tomorrow lol

-Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    on the topic of wheels... ive bin lookin at xxr 522 from what i understand they are a replica of Rota wheels. here is what a friend told me he said that rota made/make replica of other wheels i think he said einke but they got so popular that they got more expencive is that true xxr are like the replica of the replica
    xxr is a subdivision of American racing wheels if im correct. Rota makes knockoffs of popular wheels. im sure they make similar styles, but if youre on a budget, they're there for a low price. just don't purchase them and put volk/enkei stickers. its like getting a galant es and putting vr4 badges and telling everyone its a genuine vr4.

Page 467 of 538 FirstFirst ... 367417457463464465466467468469470471477517 ... LastLast