The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 410 of 538 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast
Showing results 8,181 to 8,200 of 10744
    Not really sure what they are....yes bought them from ebay.
    For a fraction of the price...but no I don't think they're knockoffs...the seat looks legit...very we'll crafted from every standpoint..even has a lil tag with that ghost and says "MADE IN JAPAN".
    I also paired them with a pair of PLANTED seat adapters meant to fit a 2000-2003 eclipse . And for safety reasons I wanna grab a harness bar and couple 5 point harnesses.
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

Is the solid black one a Bride also? Is that a stock seat?

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

A) I'm 99% sure those are not Bride of Japan seats. Don't even look like Bride of Canada/Taiwan reps, just look like a cheap China seat with a Bride logo on it.
    B) Harness+harness bar =! safe in a street driven car, the opposite actually.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Is the solid black one a Bride also? Is that a stock seat?

The one on the right looks like a Leather Eclipse 3g seat.

Almost what I thought.

That is a fake bride, you can look at it in a photo and see, sorry to burst your bubble but if it was cheap on ebay its a fake BRIDE seat.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    A) I'm 99% sure those are not Bride of Japan seats. Don't even look like Bride of Canada/Taiwan reps, just look like a cheap China seat with a Bride logo on it.
    B) Harness+harness bar =! safe in a street driven car, the opposite actually.
    Nothing like submarining and compressing your spine or worse for some scene points.

I seriously hate these "racecar stance car" builds. Cars with big wangs, fixed backs, cages, harnesses only to not be able to streetable because they are too low to go anywhere. But yet they will never ever see a proper track day. Fucking posers.

Wow....I spent a thousand dollars on seats for my g..I look to fellow members to get some props and instead all I get is "FAKES" "THERE FAKES" "CHEAP FAKES", maybe I should've just kept my stock 8g seats like most people have on this forum, 2002 dragon was the only member to actually say something positive or nice. Do research , there are plenty of people out there who find ebay bucket seats to be quit comfortable and have had them for a long time..,.and have said they were a great investment. I'm done with all of you.
    Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

I'm not here to hate on anyone's build. Hell, I shop on eBay too. Lol. And as long as your happy with your purchase that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    Wow....I spent a thousand dollars on seats for my g..I look to fellow members to get some props and instead all I get is "FAKES" "THERE FAKES" "CHEAP FAKES", maybe I should've just kept my stock 8g seats like most people have on this forum, 2002 dragon was the only member to actually say something positive or nice. Do research , there are plenty of people out there who find ebay bucket seats to be quit comfortable and have had them for a long time..,.and have said they were a great investment. I'm done with all of you.
    Greddy has a (or two) REAL Brides.
    I had an OMP, years ago.

If you spent 1k, you were ripped off. We are not being mean, if you're cool with sacrificing safety (which replica seats actually do), by all means, go ahead. If not, sell that Fride and go on living.

Low quality seats are dangerous.
    Five point harnesses w/ harness bars are dangerous.

What you're looking to do......is dangerous. Reviews of products like that are meaningless, the people who buy those and give them rave reviews are the same people who buy Raceland (CRAP) coilovers and give them great reviews.

BTW, I'm not at all opposed to aftermarket seats in street cars, the next time I own a project car I will get myself a Recaro SPG, in fact I'm the only one of my car friends who still has his stock seat. Including a good friend who is the owner of these:

Last edited by Blue8g; 02-24-2014 at 11:14 PM

I'm not here to hate on anyone's build. Hell, I shop on eBay too. Lol. And as long as your happy with your purchase that's all that matters.

X2 if they work for you, congrats! i'm the lst one to say if something is fake or not, so do ya thang lol
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

So since we are on the topic, how can you tell if seats are fake or not. Or if they are good quality. I have seen some high end cars that have seats that look just like that bride.

they are nice looking seats. blue8g does bring up a good point about safety though...

So since we are on the topic, how can you tell if seats are fake or not. Or if they are good quality. I have seen some high end cars that have seats that look just like that bride.
    With good replicas, there are some very small details to look for.

With something like that, its as simple as knowing that no real Brides even look like that.

When in doubt, order from a licensed retailer.

Well guess its good that I don't want "racing" seats. I want the 3g seats.

Plus, I'm too cheap to spend that kind of money on seats like that. If I really wanted that style of seat I would go for more or the stock evo seats. But personally, I like the look of the 3g seats and since they are direct fit I don't have to worry about anything. Lol

This is true! I have before. Took a while to figure out it wasn't real.

Worked on fixing front of my g.rope is to keep hood down till I get my pins, today got the latch to catch.

All this seat talk makes me glad I went Evo IX Recaro. Keep it simple folks!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Page 410 of 538 FirstFirst ... 310360400406407408409410411412413414420460510 ... LastLast