The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 453 of 538 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,041 to 9,060 of 10744
    That's awesome!

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Get some aircraft paint remover from the parts store and some fresh paint on those babies! Slick em up and make em look nice ^.^

I would suggest the spray paint version of the paint remover, the jug of stuff is a PITA to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Experienced TGC Member
    He will be doing all the work himself on these. I already know how much a PITA mine where.

Shits nasty as hell! Leather gloves are the only thing I found that it wouldn't eat thru! Even devoured a plastic spoon in like an hour!!!
    But the end result =D

So I got the H1 bulbs for prjectors yesterday and turns out the base of them are too small for the socket...so with a little ingenuity I took apart the regular H1 bulb that they came with and fit the base of it on the HID bulb....

Before and after

Here is my cutoff... it's fine with me low on the left (oncoming drivers)....higher on the right (street signs)

Ive been reading that you can make the cutoff better by adding washers (spacers) to scoot the focal point of the bulb back since HIDs are longer than the intended halogen bulbs.. might do it...might not

Went with 5k bulbs btw...had 6k which is cool but tired of the blue hint...these are PURE white
    Last edited by juicejax; 09-21-2014 at 05:52 PM

Nice job with fitting the bulbs, and I know what you mean about the blue hint. I tried my hand at 5000k and 4300k bulbs and got some weird flicker. So I gave up and went back to 6000k. Might try some white halogens if I can find any with good reviews.

But yours came out nice it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    So I got the H1 bulbs for prjectors yesterday and turns out the base of them are too small for the socket...so with a little ingenuity I took apart the regular H1 bulb that they came with and fit the base of it on the HID bulb....

Before and after

Here is my cutoff... it's fine with me low on the left (oncoming drivers)....higher on the right (street signs)

Ive been reading that you can make the cutoff better by adding washers (spacers) to scoot the focal point of the bulb back since HIDs are longer than the intended halogen bulbs.. might do it...might not

Went with 5k bulbs btw...had 6k which is cool but tired of the blue hint...these are PURE white
    Adding washers changes the color of the cutoff line. Not to ruin it for u but those some Chinese projectors and adding washers isn't gonna do much at all honestly. The cutoff line should as straight as an arrow while yours is bowed upwards. And the piece u fitted into the h1 Bulb is an h4 base.

This is what my cutoff line looks like before adding washers

This is after

Changed from yellow and orange to blue and purple.

This is just an outside test before I fitted them into the headlights

I really wouldn't waste time trying to adjust them, u probably won't achieve the desired results.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

^^^x2.

The washer deal is something that is thrown around when a proper retrofit is done. It will probably just blur what cutoff you have now. As you can see the dark spots that are in the center are a perfect example of the limitations of hid bulbs in halogen projectors. While for most its fine and the rest don't care or have any idea about such things, I for one am anal about this, I once had the k2 headlights, rare does it rain here but the week I had them for it rains and I cant see shit. The following week there was a set of mini H1's from TRS en route to my house. Points for doing a mod to your car, those headlights have always looked best on the 8Gb's IMO....

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 09-22-2014 at 08:42 AM

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    Adding washers changes the color of the cutoff line. Not to ruin it for u but those some Chinese projectors and adding washers isn't gonna do much at all honestly. The cutoff line should as straight as an arrow while yours is bowed upwards. And the piece u fitted into the h1 Bulb is an h4 base.

This is what my cutoff line looks like before adding washers

This is after

Changed from yellow and orange to blue and purple.

This is just an outside test before I fitted them into the headlights

I really wouldn't waste time trying to adjust them, u probably won't achieve the desired results.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    So did you use h1 or h4s and which way did you have your bar if you did use H1? Up or down?

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Nice job with fitting the bulbs, and I know what you mean about the blue hint. I tried my hand at 5000k and 4300k bulbs and got some weird flicker. So I gave up and went back to 6000k. Might try some white halogens if I can find any with good reviews.

But yours came out nice it looks like.
    thanks

Total guess here but...could you do something like an "eyelid" to change the cutoff? Even if it's inside the housing so it's less visible (like on top of the projector housing or something) or the traditional one on the head itself...seems like having some flat/straight that's opaque would cause the light to just cutoff there, thus creating a flat line.

Feel free to jump in and say I'm an idiot if y'all see a flaw with that...I've never messed with this stuff before and really don't know XD

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Total guess here but...could you do something like an "eyelid" to change the cutoff? Even if it's inside the housing so it's less visible (like on top of the projector housing or something) or the traditional one on the head itself...seems like having some flat/straight that's opaque would cause the light to just cutoff there, thus creating a flat line.

Feel free to jump in and say I'm an idiot if y'all see a flaw with that...I've never messed with this stuff before and really don't know XD

There is a actually a shield in projectors that creater the cut off lines...some people do alter the shape of it...but the problem is that halogen projectors don't properly house the hid bulb because the bulbs is too long...according to some people adding washers to scoot the bulb back doesn't help...some people have gotten better results...I decided this morning to add washers because Ive seen stories of lenses melting because the bulbs are too close to the projector lense sooo ya...not too worried about cutoff just don't want to melt my housing so ya....

That lens is glass so it wont melt.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    That lens is glass so it wont melt.

Not the projector lens...the housing lens

That's too far from it, spacing wont change the temperature enough to make any difference. Might fix the dark spot though.

They actually space away the lens not the bulb to change the cutoff line color.

See the washers there

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

That makes more sense ^

Was worried about the washers heating up and melting the housing the way you have it spaced out juice

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    They actually space away the lens not the bulb to change the cutoff line color.

See the washers there

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Oh ok, that makes sense lol...but both seems to change the distance either way...ill keep an eye on everything and make changes accordingly if need be

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    That makes more sense ^

Was worried about the washers heating up and melting the housing the way you have it spaced out juice

Damn I hope not...everything is metal around the bulbs and washers so I don't know if its any thing that could be melted...but like I said ill keep a close eye on everything

Spacing the bulb out is gonna drastically lower the light output. Because u r taking away some light.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Last edited by spdracr; 09-22-2014 at 11:28 PM
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 453 of 538 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503 ... LastLast