The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Post What You Did To Your Car or Bought Today!

Page 476 of 538 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526 ... LastLast
Showing results 9,501 to 9,520 of 10744
    Looks incredibly clean!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member
    Agree.

Finally got around to installing LED turn signals today since the resistors came in late yesterday afternoon.

Experienced TGC Member
    Not the best choice of connector, I would of cut , solder, heat shrink. But I like the lights.

My damn soldering iron burnt up on my last project, otherwise I would have. I guess I will have to go invest in another one.

Cut, strip, twist together, tape up..."western union" technique...way better than those connectors...but hey, if it works =D (for now)

Fun fact of the day:
    The NASA spec way to splice wires is to strip the ends, solder each wire individually, then hold them together side by side WITHOUT twisting them, then melt the solder together. That creates a better flowing and stronger bond than a single run of wire!

It is also a massive pain in the dick and uses a crap load of time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

lol if these connectors fail (wouldn't be surprised) I will hopefully have a soldering iron by then.

At least you are realistic! So many people don't fit that trait

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post

Fun fact of the day:
    The NASA spec way to splice wires is to strip the ends, solder each wire individually, then hold them together side by side WITHOUT twisting them, then melt the solder together. That creates a better flowing and stronger bond than a single run of wire!

SMH. That is the ONLY correct way to solder. Its called "tinning".

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

It wouldn't be the first time I had to redo something little like that cause I screwed up the first time. At least by the second time I know what I'm doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    SMH. That is the ONLY correct way to solder. Its called "tinning".
    "tinning" is simply coating the material...not actually joining it. Joining it is called soldering. Hence why you "tin" the soldering iron prior to working or "tin" the wires before joining. Tinning allows the heat to transfer easier from the iron as the material is already at a melting temperature and has a lower specific heat index than the material (copper, silver, etc) being soldered together.

The more common method of soldering is to overlap the wires parallel to each other, twist them together, and then solder. This is much easier because you only have to hold 3 things at once, the iron, the solder, and the conjoined wires (if unsupported), as opposed to the other method requiring you to hold both wires next to each other, the iron, and the solder (if you choose to strengthen the bond further)
    Last edited by demond0d5; 01-25-2015 at 11:34 PM

I wish my car was worthy of some aerospace methods

Today should be a good day...unless I find out I have to replace a fuck ton of other suspension parts

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    I wish my car was worthy of some aerospace methods
    If you have AN fittings, you're using aerospace methods. I could go on and on lol You're GOOD!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Today should be a good day...unless I find out I have to replace a fuck ton of other suspension parts

Theres always more to replace and improvements. Lol. Have fun

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post

Most likely that will be the case.

Ball joints and sway links. Maybe control arm bushings. Usually the case with a 12+ year old car.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Most likely that will be the case.

Ball joints and sway links. Maybe control arm bushings. Usually the case with a 12+ year old car.
    Could I just get the springs and struts installed...and do the other parts the next day...I'm dropping my car off at a shop in the morning... $300 including alignment...I know I'll need the camber kit for the rear as well

You can go back to that stuff later, im just saying, most 8Gs on the road, they need that sort of work done, most people dont bother since the car can still get from A to B.

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    "tinning" is simply coating the material...not actually joining it. Joining it is called soldering. Hence why you "tin" the soldering iron prior to working or "tin" the wires before joining. Tinning allows the heat to transfer easier from the iron as the material is already at a melting temperature and has a lower specific heat index than the material (copper, silver, etc) being soldered together.

The more common method of soldering is to overlap the wires parallel to each other, twist them together, and then solder. This is much easier because you only have to hold 3 things at once, the iron, the solder, and the conjoined wires (if unsupported), as opposed to the other method requiring you to hold both wires next to each other, the iron, and the solder (if you choose to strengthen the bond further)
    Oh I know all this lol. I guess smh didnt come across right. Nodding my head agreeing with you was what I was trying to do. Eh oh well

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I want your head lights technOnut xD

Page 476 of 538 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526 ... LastLast