The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Which has more potential?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Which has more potential?

Looking to get a galant 8g but which has more potential i do plan to swap the engine if the v6 to a 6g75 or v4 to a evo engine but not sure which would be best can someone help

they both have some potential to them.the evo motor can deffinantly be turbocharged with stock internals.i dont think the v6 would be able to handle the turbo with stock internals but it can be superchaged as well.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    depends what you want, 6g75 is very powerful with just bolt ons and reliable. The evo engine will cost more but could potentially make more power. Personally I would go V6 and 6g75

Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    depends what you want, 6g75 is very powerful with just bolt ons and reliable. The evo engine will cost more but could potentially make more power. Personally I would go V6 and 6g75
    Thanks, I think I will go with the V6 i'm looking to build a beast but definitely want some to make power

I love speculation about the 6G75 when all anybody can do is just talk about it. From what I've experienced, it is a very responsive engine when paired with the F5M51. Makes over 200 ft/lbs of torque at the wheels across the entire RPM range from about 1000 RPM and up with just bolt-ons and no tune. There is plenty of potential with a tune. Other things I've had to deal with over the past Spring and Summer are high temps and high counts of knock, which can be prevented and corrected. Bang for your buck, reliable and streetable 13's are achievable for under $2000.

I'm not sure how much the Evo setup would cost, but room for improvement is very accessible due to turbo. Stewi would be the member to chime in with accurate info in this respect.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

very true but which would cost me more i know if i have the 4g63 or 4 i would be doin a evo dohc head swap but for the v6 it would be a whole engine swap with the 6g75 does anyone know what the cost could come out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by super-turbo View Post
    very true but which would cost me more i know if i have the 4g63 or 4 i would be doin a evo dohc head swap but for the v6 it would be a whole engine swap with the 6g75 does anyone know what the cost could come out to be?
    what evo head would you be using?

well i know the evo 8 heads fit im not sure what other ones do

well i know the evo 8 heads fit im not sure what other ones do
    ok and the 6g75 is from 2006 eclipse right?or what other years?

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    ok and the 6g75 is from 2006 eclipse right?or what other years?
    yeah pretty much

yeah pretty much
    i found this one on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ENGIN...item1c18401b4c

Thanks for the help i think i am going for the head swap

Thanks for the help i think i am going for the head swap
    yeap no problem the head seems to be the cheaper way to go,but do you need the computer for it too.the head swap would deffinantly be sweet.

yeap no problem the head seems to be the cheaper way to go,but do you need the computer for it too.the head swap would deffinantly be sweet.
    yeah it should come out good and along with the computer i should get the 5 speed swap to

yeah it should come out good and along with the computer i should get the 5 speed swap to
    yeah it sounds sweet.so you decided to go with the evo head instead of the 6g75.

yeah it sounds sweet.so you decided to go with the evo head instead of the 6g75.
    yeah it seems alot easier to swap the head then the whole engine plus theres more after market parts theres not so many with the 6g75

yeah it seems alot easier to swap the head then the whole engine plus theres more after market parts theres not so many with the 6g75
    yeah thats true.it would be better on gas too.and you can always turbo it if you decide to.

yeah thats true.it would be better on gas too.and you can always turbo it if you decide to.
    plus with the evo head it should handle high boost pretty good with the stock internals

plus with the evo head it should handle high boost pretty good with the stock internals
    yeah thats true too.do you have a galant already or are looking to buy one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast