The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast
Showing results 561 to 580 of 650
    I think besides the bushing placement, I think they are structured different inside. That all I could really see when I had some side by side, although I really wasn't paying attention

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I was looking at side by sides today of aftermarket arms and there are some subtle differences. I need new control arms on a beater GTZ I picked up (needs most suspension and alignment components replaced. Gonna trust the numbers and buy what matches the O.E number.

quick question i can't find it on other posts: is the jdm 8gen the same as the european 8gen? i want to swap the bumpers and side skirts

Quote Originally Posted by mgtd98 View Post
    quick question i can't find it on other posts: is the jdm 8gen the same as the european 8gen? i want to swap the bumpers and side skirts
    Everything you would ever need to know...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=jdm+bumper

Does the Brake light (the one that comes on when u pull the e-brake) connect to something else i thought it might connect to the brake fluid reservoir but mine is a-ok
    BTW the light seems to only stay on when its extremely cold and usually when the car warms up its goes off any idea?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Fluid is my guess...even if it's full may just need to warm up with under hood temps to become thin enough the sensor can tell it's good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Fluid level and brake lever. When the wire grounds out it lights up. Check you connections. Wouldn't worry about it though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    Fluid is my guess...even if it's full may just need to warm up with under hood temps to become thin enough the sensor can tell it's good?

yeah i guess youre right its just that ive owned the car for a long time and this is the first time it does this

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Fluid level and brake lever. When the wire grounds out it lights up. Check you connections. Wouldn't worry about it though

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    yeah its more annoying than worrying
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

General question.

Would there be an issue running a transmission from an 8Gb that does not have the external spin on filter in a 99 8Ga that had it?

Don't care about the filter as much as pinouts on the harnesses, solenoids and all that internal jazz.

This is for a 99 8G I picked up for 500 bucks with a shot tranny, car turns over but it just doesn't move. Took the transmission out during the week, and today I went to the yard where there was about four 8G's with 2.4's

Two of them where 99's with the spin-on filters, one 2000 with no spin-on filter and one 2003 8Gb no spin-on either.

I did take one of the 99's trans. Because I wasn't sure if it would be a problem to run the one without the external filter. But I much rather have the 8Gb because it was wrecked, engine and tranny not touched but it was pretty much totaled (why it was there duh). The fact that it was junked as a wrecked car says it was running fine until it was crashed. The other cars had entirely straight bodies, so who knows why they're there.... (a shot tranny maybe). Anyway I pulled the cleaner looking tranny of the two 99's, I got a warranty incase its no good I want that 8GB trans, altogether because of the 50% off sale it was 125 taxes, core and warranty.

Now The only thing keeping my hopes up on the transmission being good is that there appeared to be rust water splashes on the side of the engine where the overflow bottle is, maybe it overheated and they toasted the head, possibly why it's there (hopefully). The water outlet was in the way of removing some bolts so I removed it and there was no thermostat, further convincing me of my overheating theory.

Sorry for this long-ass post, just trying to be thorough.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 04-04-2015 at 10:54 PM

Bumpin the previous post. Maybe someone has some input.

I would say buy it. Minor mechanical changes like this happen often, and for many reasons, usually improved reliability and/or lower cost. Just be sure to double check where the transmission lines connect on each, if they are identical, then you are all set.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    I would say buy it. Minor mechanical changes like this happen often, and for many reasons, usually improved reliability and/or lower cost. Just be sure to double check where the transmission lines connect on each, if they are identical, then you are all set.
    Pretty much are, I should have taken it. Oh well. Today I finalize the swap, tranny is on, need axles to go back in starter and battery, oil too.

I read this earlier and forgot to reply!
    I the only thing I would worry about is the wiring. I cannot remember if my auto had a cover for the VSS instead of the 2 speed sensors. If it did have a cover and you could put a VSS sensor it it, I would totally get it. I don't think that they would just delete the VSS hole, but they did add the Sensor holes, as I don't believe those are on a 8Ga tranny. You might be a guinea pig man...

I read this earlier and forgot to reply!
    I the only thing I would worry about is the wiring. I cannot remember if my auto had a cover for the VSS instead of the 2 speed sensors. If it did have a cover and you could put a VSS sensor it it, I would totally get it. I don't think that they would just delete the VSS hole, but they did add the Sensor holes, as I don't believe those are on a 8Ga tranny. You might be a guinea pig man...
    The 8Ga have has the VSS (the one with the wheel) and the two magnetic input/output sensors. Are you sayjng the 8Gb Trans doesn't have the one with the wheel on it?

Honestly I don't mind taking one for the team. I was hoping someone has had this run in before.

No the 8Gb replaced it with the 2 input output signals, well I should say the 2003, as thats my year. I don't know if the 2002 did that.

No the 8Gb replaced it with the 2 input output signals, well I should say the 2003, as thats my year. I don't know if the 2002 did that.
    This is the reply I was looking for. I'll probably make a trip to the yard on Saturday for some interior knick knacks. I'll inspect the year and tranny.

Cool. Now I'm curious if they left the VSS hole and just used some sort of cover. Surely they wouldn't remachine all the bell housings for one little change... I'm not gonna sleep because of this lol

Cool. Now I'm curious if they left the VSS hole and just used some sort of cover. Surely they wouldn't remachine all the bell housings for one little change... I'm not gonna sleep because of this lol
    Yes they did, and no the VSS will not work.

I have a 2000, and 01-03 autos WILL NOT WORK. The ECU will jump the car into limp mode with the 01 in my 00. I have this issue currently, after i was misinformed to what years worked. Maybe an early 01 would work but I doubt it.

-Andrew

I've used 01 trannys in a 2000. Neither had the spin-on filter. I guess we'll never know for sure huh

How the hell did you do that? Was it from an early 01? I'm really curious.

-Andrew

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast