The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Showing results 641 to 650 of 650
    I went to the junkyard and pulled a 3g tranny with clutch lines, clutch and break pedals, master / slave cylinder, hard and soft lines, 3 harness pigtails, shifter assembly, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and clutch fluid reservoir and sonata dohc for 146 and basically other then the dohc (lol) am I missing anything in my parts list for the swap I've done my research and see some posts about maybe using a 3g or evo ecu but I'm not sure if I need it I have a 03 2.4 es also what wiring needs to be done and how hard is it I must admit this is my first time doing anything like this but I was able to take these parts off so I'm pretty sure I can put them back on

Quote Originally Posted by white2k3mitsu View Post
    I went to the junkyard and pulled a 3g tranny with clutch lines, clutch and break pedals, master / slave cylinder, hard and soft lines, 3 harness pigtails, shifter assembly, flywheel, pressure plate, clutch and clutch fluid reservoir and sonata dohc for 146 and basically other then the dohc (lol) am I missing anything in my parts list for the swap I've done my research and see some posts about maybe using a 3g or evo ecu but I'm not sure if I need it I have a 03 2.4 es also what wiring needs to be done and how hard is it I must admit this is my first time doing anything like this but I was able to take these parts off so I'm pretty sure I can put them back on
    The head swap is not a simple install and go. Look at the parts list for the head swap and collect the remaining.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Sorry I should have specified what I meant better, I only stated anything about the dohc Cause I was just stoked about the price I got all that for but my next job would be for the manual swap and I have all the parts I stated above and am wondering do I have to get another manual transmission ecu or am I good with the stock 8g auto ecu, and also what needs to be rewired to make this work with no check engine light ?

Sorry I should have specified what I meant better, I only stated anything about the dohc Cause I was just stoked about the price I got all that for but my next job would be for the manual swap and I have all the parts I stated above and am wondering do I have to get another manual transmission ecu or am I good with the stock 8g auto ecu, and also what needs to be rewired to make this work with no check engine light ?
    There's a full tutorial on the swap including the wiring. U r going to have a CEL that u can't get rid of since you said u have an 8gb. U can run the stock auto ecu but you will have the CEL. Manual ecu will not guarantee that you will remove the CEL. It's a hit or miss.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Thank you for the info

I was thinking of just trying with a evo ecu because I plan on building my engine head with evo parts (not sure what yet , still researching how to rebuild it) but I basically want to do a evo conversion such as intake mani, throttle bottle, exhaust mani, turbo, ecu, and cams. Idk what other internals to rebuild the head with but my question is would this ecu work even though my motor is still stock ??
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/2002-2006-Genu...%257Ciid%253A2

I was thinking of just trying with a evo ecu because I plan on building my engine head with evo parts (not sure what yet , still researching how to rebuild it) but I basically want to do a evo conversion such as intake mani, throttle bottle, exhaust mani, turbo, ecu, and cams. Idk what other internals to rebuild the head with but my question is would this ecu work even though my motor is still stock ??
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/2002-2006-Genu...%257Ciid%253A2
    Please don't. No offense to you, but you don't even what the ecu looks like, that link is not for an evo ecu.

Swapping an ecu is a bigger headache that you can handle. You need a conversion harness to make it work since it doesn't plug into the existing plugs and then u need to get the ecu tuned for your car. It's not a simple plug and play. Also conversion harness isn't something you simply go to a website to buy since they're not available for our cars.

Also please stop posting the same post in multiple threads in hope of getting an answer. Make a dedicated thread is u want help and stop cluttering other threads with the same topic.

You need to do a ton of research and reading. You need to spend many hours reading to understand the entire process involved in turbocharging the galant. There's a lot of work needed to make it work.

If u dive into it without research I guarantee you that you will have a ton of problems to sort out and you probably won't finish it.

Last edited by spdracr; 11-29-2016 at 08:55 AM
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I appreciate you for your input, but I do know what and ecu looks like jus not a aftermarket one so I thought the color and shape might have been modified a little since it's not oem plus none the evo or 3g eclipse ecu have harnesses on ebay which lead me to thinking is that a aftermarket one with the harness attached , and about posting it a couple times yeah that's my fault but at the same time this is a accient (lol) thread that doesn't guarantee that anybody will reply and at least im in the right forum and I'm on topic asking specific questions that aren't dumb or trying to be spoon fed I've done my research. And if I could have made my own thread I would have I just haven't made enough replys to make my own but as stated before thank you for your info it's much appreciated

I appreciate you for your input, but I do know what and ecu looks like jus not a aftermarket one so I thought the color and shape might have been modified a little since it's not oem plus none the evo or 3g eclipse ecu have harnesses on ebay which lead me to thinking is that a aftermarket one with the harness attached , and about posting it a couple times yeah that's my fault but at the same time this is a accient (lol) thread that doesn't guarantee that anybody will reply and at least im in the right forum and I'm on topic asking specific questions that aren't dumb or trying to be spoon fed I've done my research. And if I could have made my own thread I would have I just haven't made enough replys to make my own but as stated before thank you for your info it's much appreciated
    You can make your own thread. I don't know what you mean by having enough replies. Only classified section needs enough post count.

As far as the ecu, I hate to break it to you but this is NOT any sort of aftermarket ecu. There are no aftermarket ecu available for the evo. AEM EMS is a very similar shape to the stock ecu but a bit fancier looking. What you posted above is a module for something else in the car and not the ecu. The ecu has 4 connectors with about 80 wires going to it.

Last edited by spdracr; 11-29-2016 at 07:04 PM
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

After looking at the link once again. This thing is a "chip" module to gain 20hp. Those are total scams. They don't work. A complete waste of money. No plug in chip is available for the evo for an instant 20hp gain.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233