The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Showing results 541 to 560 of 650
    The oldest trains we have at my job were built by Rohr Industries (they do aerospace now) in Winder, GA in the 70's, those all use standard fasteners as did a lot of American stuff from back then, so I'm very used to 3/8", 7/16" and so on. However metric is so much easier. And also, 00 AWG isn't the biggest we use at work, we actually have 0000 AWG (labeled as 4/0 AWG) wires that carry the third rail power from the collector shoes to the rest of the train. Those wires can handle 1000 volts, 1000 amps without breaking a sweat (that's a lot of juice, we run 900 amp fuses on the train).

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I'd seen 1/0 all over the place when looking into upgrading my system and 2/0 in a few places but nothing bigger than that without actually calling it by a measurement (like how 2/0 would be 9mm or .36") but just did a quick google searched, pulled up a wiki link, and I'm seeing 4/0 on here XD .46"...that's crazy lol

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

hey wanna make sure this is correct before I buy them, am I under the correct vehicle (Mitsubishi>2005>lancer>2.0l l4 turbocharged>brake/wheelhub>rotor>) and if so which should I get:

Mitsubishi>2005>lancer>2.0l l4 turbocharged>brake/wheelhub>rotor>economy...will those work for brembo upgrade or should I go down to the "high performance/heavy duty" and get these:

Quote Originally Posted by demond0d5 View Post
    hey wanna make sure this is correct before I buy them, am I under the correct vehicle (Mitsubishi>2005>lancer>2.0l l4 turbocharged>brake/wheelhub>rotor>) and if so which should I get:

Mitsubishi>2005>lancer>2.0l l4 turbocharged>brake/wheelhub>rotor>economy...will those work for brembo upgrade or should I go down to the "high performance/heavy duty" and get these:

http://s1157.photobucket.com/user/de...auto2.jpg.html
    http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...orockauto2.jpg
    CAN YOU MAKE THE ARROWS BIGGER?!! cant see them all that well lol
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

It was in paint roflmao
    can't be all that picky XD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you need different hubs?

Just a little fyi, Lancer hub assemblies will not work.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Not hubs, rotors...and they don't have an "evo" option on rockauto...is there a better place to get rotors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I no longer want to go without my cruise control so can someone help me? When I bought the car it had no radio and the harness that connects to the radio had been cut and individually wrapped...then I let a idiot take a look and see if he could fix it...long story short he took the tape off all the wires and left them exposed...I go to drive off and then I hear strange noises from the speakers...and in an instant my speedometer stopped working, which caused my odometer to stop working and then a few days later when I tried to use the cruise control I realized it wasn't working either... where should I start? Speed sensor maybe? New cluster? Fuses? Wires?

fuses irc the fuse for the reverse lights is also for the speedo check if ure reverse lights work or just you know check all them fuses
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Does anyone know if the usdm seering rack is the same as the jdm one? I apparently need a 2001 or newer v6 seering rack for the vr4 found one usdm but its 4 hours away
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Well I th8nk I just bought my self a usdm v6 steering rack for a jdm galant..and noo it doesn't fit
    Waist of money and waist of 2 days
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

what's the deal with these connectors or what ever they are i traced a obdII connector wire to one of these and no i dont know what to do...
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Can anyone answer this
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

I'm petty sure those ends are during the manufacturing process. To test the wires and connections ect.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Anyone have any tips on removing the gas tank from the 8G? I know it has a small hole because when I top off I can smell raw gas, as the needle drops the smell subsides. Look under and theres what appears as wet spots. Wann find the hole and patch it, jb weld it or something.

I want to drop it with while disconnecting the least amount of thise hoses, if the evap shit needs to come down the its coming too.

Havent droped the tank on my G but ive take tanks from plenty of other cars and the one and only tip i can give u is if its empty it aint fkn empty and its going to be heavy as fk and not to mention awkward to hold so be ready with atleast TWO jacks to lower it. because u dont want to drop it and brake something or tear one of the evap lines
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Drop the tank with the filler neck still attached. All the evap crap is bolted to the tank (well for my 03 it was) just make sure all connectors are off including supply and return line. Also on E you have about 2.5 gallons left, not heavy but awkward.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Thanks guys. This thing is causing code p0440 to pop up.

I do want to have some gas in it to check for that leak.

Fortunately I have the luxury (thanks to Navid at Kpowered in Palm Springs, youtube that civic when you have free tine) of using a lift and transmission jack to lower it so it'll make things very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Anyone have any tips on removing the gas tank from the 8G? I know it has a small hole because when I top off I can smell raw gas, as the needle drops the smell subsides. Look under and theres what appears as wet spots. Wann find the hole and patch it, jb weld it or something.

I want to drop it with while disconnecting the least amount of thise hoses, if the evap shit needs to come down the its coming too.
    It wasn't bad, I had to unhook two larger (girthy) evap lines to get it in the position it is in the pic. A helpful hit when put it back up, loosen up all the bolts that hold the metal straps, made it very easy to put back up by myself, my tank was almost empty when I dropped it, not too heavy since it was almost empty, just awkard. I would have some one help you if theres a lot of gas in the tank. Really long pliers helped too.

Last edited by Black8GV6; 01-24-2015 at 12:05 AM
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Question.

What's the difference between GTZ control arms and non-GTZ?

Now onto the research I did. I went to the OEM Mitsubishi Parts website and started shuffling through the years and models.

Something that hit as obvious is that the 4cyl differs from the V6 Except on the 8Gb"s (2002-03), I came to find the 4cyl 8GB shares the same part number MR554375 and MR554376 as any year GTZ (they label it sport) with the exclusion a year 99 and 2000. A 99 GTZ has the same part number (MR369791 and MR369792) as a 2000 V6 (non GTZ), and the 2000 GTZ has its own part number (MR369795 and MR369796) not found on any other year regardless of Trim or engine.

If you're still with me after all that, what sets these arms apart aside from the bushing that has the bracket on it in newer models and the one with just a bushing that re-uses the bracket?

Reason I ask is because I look up aftermarket arms and they give the same number for GTZ and regular V6. I realize the GTZ sits lower, but it was my understanding it was just in the coil springs. If anyone can, please enlighten.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast