The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Showing results 441 to 460 of 650
    EC5A is the Galant VR-4, EC5W is the Legnum. Not sure about the VR-G, VR-M, Aspire, etc.

EA8A is the US V6, not sure if the 4-cyl is the same.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    EC5A is the Galant VR-4, EC5W is the Legnum. Not sure about the VR-G, VR-M, Aspire, etc.

EA1A is the VR-G/M; EA1W is the Legnum ST

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    EA1A is the VR-G/M; EA1W is the Legnum ST
    Is there like a list i can look at to see whats what?
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

How can I install keyless entry into my 8g galant

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

Well This is what i came up with so far
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0-VgGR4G0

97 Eclipse install guide
    http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1544.html
    Last edited by 1904Galant; 07-19-2014 at 11:30 PM

How do i remove all the woodgrain trim pieces off my car in order to paint them? Do they just pop off by prying at them?
    Edit: i got the radio and the bezel around the shifter, how do i get the ones on the doors off?
    Last edited by Kros702; 09-19-2014 at 07:08 PM

The trim around the radio just pops off if you pull it out. So does the one around the gear shift knob. The last time I checked, the ones on the door panels, need the little cups taken out, door panels to be removed and popped out, but I'm not sure about this, as it was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kros702 View Post
    i got the radio and the bezel around the shifter, how do i get the ones on the doors off?
    Be careful, i found a 8Gb GTZ with OEM carbon fiber trim, tried very nicely to get it and the shitty mitsu plastic broke. So next time I find a 8Gb GTZ I'm just going to take the whole door panel off and install it in my car.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

One of the panels is gonna have a screw in a tight place holding the trim on, but I forgot which. I actually used the wrench/key for a dremel to get it out, since it has like a flat head end and the wrench is small and thin.

Just be careful pulling the trims off cause of the harness to the switches

Starting to feel like I'm the only one who went from grey to wood trim now that I think about it lol

Like said above, you need to take off the door panel, the trim is attached with screws. If you don't have a FSM btw find one, it will serve you well with small and big projects as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Be careful, i found a 8Gb GTZ with OEM carbon fiber trim, tried very nicely to get it and the shitty mitsu plastic broke. So next time I find a 8Gb GTZ I'm just going to take the whole door panel off and install it in my car.
    I will have a full spare panel set once I'm done swapping my interior, heck I'll have doors to go with them too if you want to have GTZ cladding.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Like said above, you need to take off the door panel, the trim is attached with screws. If you don't have a FSM btw find one, it will serve you well with small and big projects as well.

I will have a full spare panel set once I'm done swapping my interior, heck I'll have doors to go with them too if you want to have GTZ cladding.
    I would be interested if you not planning to use the leather panels on the door panels. Just let me know the condition and color please.

Is there such a thing as ralliart competition car audio? Coz i just sa an 8g with a trunk lay out witha rectangular mesh grill on the floor and a floor mounted sub as well. Theres a logo of the ralliart.. Looks oem but first time i saw one.. Is this leggit?

Sounds like a custom layout with the ralliart logo thrown in.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

When I give a signal, I sometimes have to keep pressure while its in position for it to maintain the signal. Seems to mainly happen on left signals. Do I need a new stalk or is it probably something else? Hazards are fine last I checked. Indicator also blinks fast on occasion for about a second but then acts normal. Thats just sometimes.

With the fact that it blinks fast, it usually indicates that something is not completing the circuit properly I would think. Maybe the turn signal switch or the bulbs themselves. If I remember right, the switch is not that expensive, you can probably get a used one as I've not heard of these going bad that often on our models.

Yeah the price isn't bad, I just kind of would hate to waste the money. I wanna say its the switch because of the fact I have to keep pressure on it until I make the turn. That issue is more of a common thing than the blinking, which like I said lasts a sec at the most.

Thanks for the input btw.

Where can I find this grill that g-spot used to have...I plan on converting front end to 8Ga by the spring and would like to have it...

i think... i think its a modified usdm grill cut out the chrome shit and put a mesh instead
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    i think... i think its a modified usdm grill cut out the chrome shit and put a mesh instead
    That's what I was thinking...it shall be a fun project

i the only reason i think its a usdm is becouse he has usdm headlights and i think the usdm only game with two front styles the one you have the 03 look and then the "other" look :P but i dont know shit compared to some of the ppl on this site
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast