The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: General 8G Question Thread

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Showing results 461 to 480 of 650
    Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    i the only reason i think its a usdm is becouse he has usdm headlights and i think the usdm only game with two front styles the one you have the 03 look and then the "other" look :P but i dont know shit compared to some of the ppl on this site
    Ya that was my thinking exactly...I was pretty sure that was usdm front end...but I believe that grill is jdm...so I figured it was custom...but asked to be sure

Just found this...no clue if its jdm specific or not...says jdm in description...but looks to be in a usdm in pic

http://www.ioffer.com/i/jdm-mitsubis...rille-70886156

USDM fit judging from the headlights. If it were jdm the grille would be shorter and have a gap on both sides. JDM headlights are a tad longer than USDM
    Last edited by gojirars; 10-02-2014 at 07:32 PM

Quote Originally Posted by juicejax View Post
    Just found this...no clue if its jdm specific or not...says jdm in description...but looks to be in a usdm in pic

http://www.ioffer.com/i/jdm-mitsubis...rille-70886156
    uuuuu i should start doing this put some peace of shit home made stuff on the internet but put in the ad thats JDM and VR4.... hold on guys im on my way to become a billionaire BRB ;)
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    uuuuu i should start doing this put some peace of shit home made stuff on the internet but put in the ad thats JDM and VR4.... hold on guys im on my way to become a billionaire BRB ;)
    I brought the idea to you so I want in!!!

Anyone know who car this is?? This is the look I'm going for just all black

Where can I find this grill that g-spot used to have...

From the man himself:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=mesh+grill

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

Shit for $100 I'll make ya one with the one sitting in my room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I guess you could always consider it a back up plan, especially if one isn't handy with bodywork. Just saw jax posted similar too. I never used ioffer so I didnt think to click
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-02-2014 at 08:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Lol, I guess you could always consider it s back up plsn, especially if one isn't handy with bodywork. Just saw pernier posted similar too. I never use ioffer so I didnt think to click
    I actually posted the ioffer link, looks to be exact same product as the ebay link...but I'll def Attempt on my own first...but If all else fails I'll buy one

It seems pretty straight forward...shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably start in on mine sometime in the next week

Finally got another dremel and hot glue gun =D

Yeah I saw you posted and went back to edit out pernier, but I guess the revised post didn't go through. Atleast with trying an oem grill first you dont have to worry about fitment, just actually pulling it off. Good luck

How much is a decent dremel btw

Forget but I got one from walmart years ago, but im sure it was less than a $100. Has come in handy a few times. Think its a dremel 300. Should do plenty for a grille, considering I used it to cut intake piping once. Took a while but I think I needed stronger cutting wheels, or actually shell out the money for the proper tool. Anything plasic isnt really an issue.

If you use any of the sanding or grinding bits, start slow and work to higher speeds when working with plastic. It'll surprise you the first time, and you can actually go furthef in the material than you want. For cutting its just about being steady.

-Edit... http://m.kmart.com/dremel-300-series-variable-speed-rotary-tool/p-010W043637042004P?sid=KDx01192011x000001&kpid=010W 043637042004&kispla=010W043637042004P&kpid=010W043 637042004

My kit came with those bits
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 10-02-2014 at 09:06 PM

I got a dremel 8100 (?)

Cordless with adjustable speed 5k-11k rpm (iirc) for like $80 or so

Will double check when I get off at 12

Trying to weigh in price of dremel, the cost of the grill, and stuff such as fillers, bondo, fiberglass which I have no experience with... the 89 bucks doesn't sound so bad

dremel is totally worth it with all the stuff you've been doing lately

grill you could snag for like $20
    fillers/bondo/fiberglass/etc is always nice to have around anyway!!!

experience? priceless

Trying to weigh in price of dremel, the cost of the grill, and stuff such as fillers, bondo, fiberglass which I have no experience with... the 89 bucks doesn't sound so bad
    Lol my thoughts exactly. If you could get around the material cost, the less expensive dremel I have is still kind of a good investment. I originally got mine because when I first tried hids on my 240 yrs ago, a friend with a tiburon said he needed one to install hids, so he recomended it. Turns out I didn't need it, but it's earned its keep a few times outside of that.

If you absolutely think you won't have to cut plastic or thin metal in the future and won't be doing anything custom, then buying the grille might be best. Though I did see where I guess you gotta drill new mounting holes, in the auction. But thats probably simple, by mounting it, and using like white out on the underside of the factory holes, to mark where to drill.

Not sure how a 8ga grill mounts, but I assume bolts/screws through the top which fasten into mounts on the car? Thats kinda how it was for my 240 (s14)

8ga grill mounts with special clips. Once those are gone its usually drywall screws on the corners and zip ties.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast