The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1392
    Can't really think of any suggestions except for maybe extending on the flare end on the bumper to match the fender, and then mold it into the bumper for smooth transition.

Also maybe this evo will help you with ideas on the fenders and skirts..or maybe not lol. Figured worth posting. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/...cfeb17bf_o.jpg

tought you ware going for this look

Did you think about cuting it like this

this is alway what i wanted to do but i just want to add a 1inch to mine front and back (ps i know my paint skilz are amazing no need to tell me :D )

Hella dope build btw :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    Damn. Nice work. It's awesome to see someone that's not afraid to go the extra mile to build the car they truly want.
    Well this build has taken a drastic turn, so I do what I have to do. I never intended this I swear lol

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Can't really think of any suggestions except for maybe extending on the flare end on the bumper to match the fender, and then mold it into the bumper for smooth transition.

Also maybe this evo will help you with ideas on the fenders and skirts..or maybe not lol. Figured worth posting. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5146/...cfeb17bf_o.jpg
    Yeah, I am now realizing why you always see wide fenders that go back into the door flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    tought you ware going for this look

this is alway what i wanted to do but i just want to add a 1inch to mine front and back (ps i know my paint skilz are amazing no need to tell me :D )

Hella dope build btw :D
    Maybe not that, but I guess Ill see. I'm not going to change this fender lol. I'm going to finish it up and see if I can still make my original plan work.
    Paint skillz are hella dope lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

lol youre so damn secretive
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I have to be. People see stuff and just do it lol. Thats why I had to go to the extreme. Everybody has JDM stuff now, so its hard to be different on the forum lol. In public not an issue.

more pics!!!
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

No more till its done I tell ya! (in other news, gotta wait another 4 weeks till I can get a status on the rear kit, sigh)

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Hey I'm really glad you threw this up cuz I'm (hopefully) gonna be doing something similar some summer but not as extreme. With the bags dropped my 235s touch pretty much everywhere so a simple roll didn't cut it...been watching his updates closely to get some ideas :p

Jared did you ever consider fingering just the edge so that you could flare that out and weld up an extra strip on the outside instead of in the middle? Just thought of this and think I may try it.....that would bring the outer edge up away from the tire and adding the strip brings it a little back down (at an angle) but may be worth looking into.

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

If you cut and open up the edge, there goes all your support to keep the fender structure. I thought really hard about where to cut the fender, and I was looking at just rolling that edge, but decided against it because of the fender integrity needs that bend to keep the form. And then trying to get that surface flat and smooth sucks lol. You can try it.

good point...I was looking at it from a cosmetic standpoint and didn't think about the structural side of it.....well damn :/

Yay! The parts I needed have shown up. 17mm spacers and an Omni 4 bar to replace my AEM 5 bar.

hey boss u ever put these monster on dyno???

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I thought of you being able to do your fenders like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

It's funny you put up RREs evo 6 lol. That rear kit is what I ordered... Now that the cat is it the bag I have nothing left to say....

Thats gonna be sweet!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    Can't wait to see the finish product!!

That's kinda what I figured you would do but you're so damn secretive I started to doubt it! XD

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    It's funny you put up RREs evo 6 lol. That rear kit is what I ordered... Now that the cat is it the bag I have nothing left to say....

Ah hah! lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Time for an update!
    So last week sunday I went for a drive with no hood, one wide fender on and no bumper haha. Had to clean up the dust from the bodywork, and I wired in a new map sensor (omni 4 bar) and I received my new map from the tuner.
    I have been working on the fender for a while, trying to get it perfect.

I then installed the new map sensor, and decided to go for a drive.

The car came alive! it was night an day difference... I heard the wastegate for the first time.
    And even though the boost leak test was good to 30 psi, I kept blowing off the couplers at the turbo outlet, and the throttle body, twice at each location, so I never was able to get a good log.

So I ended up beading the couplers with jb weld

and installed some tow straps. these bolt to the frame rails, with the setup that came with the crash bar. This allows me to tow the car without removing the front bumper, and because I have a little ocd, I had to have 2 on the front.

And this is how she sat after the first time she hit 23 or 24 psi.

This Saturday I ended up putting everything back on the car, and just taking it for a spin. After I finally was able to "fix" the boosting issue I was pumped to just enjoy the car. Decided to wash the car fully again, and on the drive there, the car wouldn't go past 10 psi again! WTF... I was so mad... So after washing and drying it, I was cleaning the bay and ended up going over everything that I did compared to the week before, and it hit me. Last time I didn't have the air filter on the turbo. I was like screw it, I took it off, had 2 other people meet me and hop in the car with me and as I left the car wash, I floored it and hit 23 psi no problem. I FINALLY FOUND MY ISSUE! It was the dang air filter. The map sensor was bad as it was reading 50 psi with the car off, but the filter was the fricken main issue for the past year I guess... I never would have thought about that. So now that the car is running great, I will just continue to fit the new rims and tires that I got, because at the current boost I am spinning up to 4th... So I need some grip. Until next time

Looking good, finally you get to enjoy it!!

For next time,, http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/for...r/99872/page1/

Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast