The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast
Showing results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1392
    Dave, the main reason it's this big is space. I had to fill up the huge opening in the bumper and the distance to the rad support. Had to go four inches thick. Everybody likes thick intercooler haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

OK so the long awaited rear wide body kit from Varis has arrived finally!

So I finally removed the rear fender flare to get a real idea of the amount of space I need to clear.

As you can see below there are some major differences in body shape even though the evo 6 has the same rear Door panel. I have to cut some of the rear flare down, and I have to make a fill in patch about 3 inches wide from the door piece to the rear panel piece.
    I have everything mark for locations but before I start drilling holes and cutting I need to come up with a way to fasten it to the stock body without showing and able to remove easy if needed.

I am also thinking about using the rubber trim peice from the jdm flares to make a nice smooth transition from the Widebody to the stock panel, but I would like to see what others have used instead of oem.

This is a general layout of the idea in my head. Right now I might be redoing the front fender because idk if it flows right with the rear portion.

That's it for now :)

This is incredible. Great idea man! Can't wait to see the progress

Holy sh!t, that's really impressive!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Soooo sick. Cant wait to see it done.

Looks good, any whole side shots? I see you said the front doesn't flow with the rear, but it seems to match well to me. Also the front goes well with the skirts too.

[QUOTE=Galantman03;811310]

So freaking cool!! If I could do anything with my G, I would do a nice turbo set up like yours and a wide body as well. I love how it sets the car apart from the rest.
    Last edited by Techn0Nut1996; 08-04-2015 at 12:33 PM
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

^^^As if its not already set apart from the rest Lol!

Continuous game changer. I love this car and the detail and ingenuity that goes into it

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I guess I strive way to hard to be different and sometimes it does suck. But I figured out some things tonight and I have to see if I can work my super vr4 extensions into the rear now, or come up with something different. And before I go any further I have to get a set of clecos and then I can start the painful process of cutting :(

One question, where can I find some fender flare gaskets in silver that I can get in the USA and at random lengths?

Hopefully this is what your looking for and the color suits your needs..seems silver is not as common as black
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/1970-81-TRANS-...711?nav=SEARCH

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/oer-...FZMWHwod5GsKKg

Seems like the replacements for trans ams come in gray/silver if you want to do some more looking

Its been a busy day tonight! Here is some updates via pictures.

Made a bracket to mount the bottom portion

Here is the left side all clecko'd in.

Here is the foam block that I sanded to fill the void since the 1/4 panel is longer. I am making a mold of it.

Here is the ass end view haha

and this right here is the issue why I started on the left side... Gonna have to move that and stretch it...

All I need to do is finish the right door flare, but its late and dark and I'm hungry...

The only issue is the fender I did in the front doesn't match the rear body at all... So I'm thinking on what to do...

Also since the body is so wide I have some SVR4 extensions and New Style extensions and the new style bumper up for grabs. Let me know if you're interested.

Yes!! An update!!! Looks like a pain in the ass to move the area for the gas cap..
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Experienced TGC Member
    This whole project looks like a pain but will be well worth it. Wont be no other around.. Cant wait..

It's gonna be hard to hide my erection at work... thanks! Beautiful work as usual! Can't wait to see it finished.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

What's the end goal here?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Who knows. Idk honestly. I finish one thing thinking I'll be done and then start another. I guess I prefer to work on the car rather then drive it? Idk hard to explain. I don't think I understand the question haha

A one off wide body... thought that was kinda obvious.

^ I don't think that's what he was asking. I'm going to autox it and drag it a couple times eventually. Just a mean street cruiser with power to eat up some domestics honestly. Specifically corvettes around here and bikes

Lol... I was just being an ass.

Page 66 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 LastLast