The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
Showing results 361 to 380 of 1392
    i hear ya i would rather have power breaks too.

I have some questions about the fuel tank. I have 3 Ports in the tank, fill opening, a smaller one I think vent, and then a tiny one.. That's it no emission crap on the tank. And I traced those on the stock tank and it all goes into the fuel filler neck. So if I just match lines up it should work the same correct? Since I wont have emissions, I just want the fill station to stop pumping when it its full that's all lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Did a little work today. Getting everything installed to make the cuts on the subframe

Ran into a snag though, I don't have an engine hoist and what I was planning to use, I don't think it would hold all that weight. So what do you do when you don't have an engine hoist and really don't feel like buying one yet?
    You first position the engine/tranny in the bay from underneath.

then you remove your support block that are holding up the forward part of the vehicle

Push down on the radiator support, I kid you not maybe 20 lbs of force..
    And you will bring the engine bay to the engine/tranny...

Bolt it up, jack the frame back up, and install your support block

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If you just use a 2g eclispe AWD filler neck, all the hoses hook up to it like they should and everything works fine. With the 2g neck, one of the bolt holes lines up with the stock 8g filler neck bolt holes (the ones under the car), honestly, that one bolt is more than enough to hold it in, that thing weights like 2 or 3lbs. If you wanted to be extra carefule, you can weld another tab onto the neck underneath so it can utilize the other bolt hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks for the info. Ill try to look for a new awd filler neck.

Just a little update...curious if that's enough room between the floor pan and the t case tail, I have 5/8 of an inch between the two. Input?

i think Brian had to cut the whole floor out when it was all said and done,,, and werent you scared the car was gonna fall over on the blocks lol.

I hope not lol, I know he used a bfh. But idk how much the engine really moves under torque.. And nope not really, if it fell I would have been surprised lol, it was way quicker than an engine host, 5 mins to get the engine and tranny mounted lol. I'll do it again

you had the fulcrum in te right spot lol.

i know he cut the outter skin first like you have but it wasnt enough so he removed the airbag module and hammered the hell out of the area but still wasnt satisfied so i think he either spacers on the motor mounts somewhere or cut the floor out, im sure he'll chime in.

Great progress!

Coming together nicely. Keep up the good work!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    you had the fulcrum in te right spot lol.

i know he cut the outter skin first like you have but it wasnt enough so he removed the airbag module and hammered the hell out of the area but still wasnt satisfied so i think he either spacers on the motor mounts somewhere or cut the floor out, im sure he'll chime in.
    I guess he cut the floor out...but I wonder if there is a difference between years in that area...
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Great progress!
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Coming together nicely. Keep up the good work!
    thanks guys! Its getting there. Did this earlier, i'm going to have to adjust the front left side for the tranny mount. This its just a mock up lol, nothing hits anything.

Anybody know how far the engine rocks upon WOT? Idk if I like this distance

Just a thought I would measure from the center of your motor mount to the perimeter of it. Then add the engine into equation itll give you the absolute play possible.

Great progress so far!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

ok so, this is for stewi or goosey, are you guys running power steering? pros and cons? I have driven a truck with out power steering and it sucks when your not moving, but when your driving, its not to bad..... hmm. I cannot get the nipple on the rack to seal.. the one that you have to relocate..

working... Sucks waiting for parts... But here are some pics

Good work so far. Get the 2g filler neck, that's not even an option really and you'll know that once you see the last few photos in my bail thread. And you have to cut the floor under the shifter then fill the gaps with metal and weld. Don't forget to remove the airbag ecu before cutting(right behind the shifter under a controls)? Keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Powrtsteering is a good thing keep it. What do you mean to seal?

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Good work so far. Get the 2g filler neck, that's not even an option really and you'll know that once you see the last few photos in my bail thread. And you have to cut the floor under the shifter then fill the gaps with metal and weld. Don't forget to remove the airbag ecu before cutting(right behind the shifter under a controls)? Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    Powrtsteering is a good thing keep it. What do you mean to seal?

See ok that's what I was worried about. How much room are we talking for the tcase? I have almost 2 inches from using a bfh, from the floor to the tcase, when all four mounts are installed. For the power steering, I tried using a banjo fitting, by tapping the rack, but it wouldn't seal, so I just welded it on lol.

You should buy -6an steel weld on fittings and weld them to the ps hard line. Then run a -6 line to the pump. And wait till you get a driveshaft and you'll see how much space you really don't have there. Me and Stewi both had to do this and this wasn't cause we like destroying the car lol(or do we... :)

Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast