The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1392
    both the cam and crank sensors should be getting 12v front the mfi relay and switch and ground and should be sending a hall effect 5v signal to the pcm. any way yu can monitor AND graph the voltage output of the crank and cam sensors as you crank it over?

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    I'm assuming thats an evo schematic?
    correct. 2003 evo 8. oh and measure resistance through the coil on both of those sensors too. idk the exact specs of ohms but if you have infinite or its straight through you obv have a sensor thats no good.

Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    both the cam and crank sensors should be getting 12v front the mfi relay and switch and ground and should be sending a hall effect 5v signal to the pcm. any way yu can monitor AND graph the voltage output of the crank and cam sensors as you crank it over?
    Nah I don't have an oscilloscope nor have access to one anymore haha. Thats why I'm think I'm just going to replace the crank sensor. I can swap out the cam sensor to my eclipse, and if it works, its good!
    Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    correct. 2003 evo 8. oh and measure resistance through the coil on both of those sensors too. idk the exact specs of ohms but if you have infinite or its straight through you obv have a sensor thats no good.
    Do you have the whole manual? I need it been trying to find one on evom(not to hard though). I'm curious if the digital circuit schematic of the ecu is out there somewhere, that way I know what to meter and what values I get in my ecu itself. Yeah, if the meter is O.L. its bad, if its shorted its bad. you kinda have to guess lol
    Last edited by Galantman03; 03-11-2014 at 10:59 PM

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Nah I don't have an oscilloscope nor have access to one anymore haha. Thats why I'm think I'm just going to replace the crank sensor. I can swap out the cam sensor to my eclipse, and if it works, its good!

Do you have the whole manual? I need it been trying to find one on evom(not to hard though). I'm curious if the digital circuit schematic of the ecu is out there somewhere, that way I know what to meter and what values I get in my ecu itself. Yeah, if the meter is O.L. its bad, if its shorted its bad. you kinda have to guess lol
    all i have access to is alldatapro. theres about ten full pages to the wiring diagram, no inner circuit diagrams of the ecu unfortunately.

Welp, cam sensor is good, the eclipse fired right up. Hmmm... Ill reinstall the harness tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

*crosses fingers*
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

I'd hate to do this, but does anybody have a full ecu harness by chance? lol SMH
    ok what I really really need is a speed density conversion thread with the correct pins and what not. I have made sure on the pin outs that I have, but I need to triple check. I can't remember some things and I can't find the thread where it was originally on evom or was it club3g?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 03-16-2014 at 05:44 PM

So I didn't get the harness in, I spent all day metering and comparing it with the FSM. I still need clarification on the speed density portion but everything is in the correct pin outs. I think this coming winter i'm going to redo the whole harness, as in full wire from ecu to sensor connector. I broke two solder joints today, and that makes me nervous lol.

Oh I forgot to mention. I found this weird resistor ground thing, if that makes sense. I couldn't find anything in the FSM about it, but does anybody know if we need it? If memory serves me right, it bolts the the thermostat housing on a stock g
    Last edited by Galantman03; 03-16-2014 at 10:37 PM

Ohhh I know what you're talking about. yeah i dont see anything in the fsm about it either. I always wondered what it was for
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

So in between paying attention in ME class( I can't that class is a joke) I have been working on this. This is an evo rear hub. I bought a used one, and took her apart. The one thing missing in the drawing is the dust seals but I'm being lazy about it haha. Now that I have measurements for the bolt pattern to the rear knuckle, I can mock that up and hopefully print one out for a prototype.

I'm pretty dissappointed in Mitsu for using plastic bearing spacers. what evs I guess. If it works it works.
    and assembled.

and a cut away to see that I did do the races lol
    Last edited by Galantman03; 03-23-2014 at 10:51 PM

Dope! I find that cross-sections give me the best idea of how things work and exploded views give me the best idea of assembly. Are the bearing spacers the green/purple pieces?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Yeah those are the bearing spacers. sorry for the late response though!

Ok long story short, but I have been working on it when I can. I installed the harness and the interior is all put together, I just have to reinstall the harness in the bay. one change I'm going to make its just extended the ground wires to the body of the car instead of the tranny ground. I bypassed my cdi box and coils and reinstalled the g's oem coilpacks to see if I can get spark. I did notice when I cranked it in Jan that 3 of the 4 injectors were giving fuel but one wasn't. So when I had the harness out, I checked everything over, and its all there. I decided to send in my injectors to have them inspected and if they come back good, I know I have a bad ecu for an injector #2 and possibly my no spark issue. But I won't know until I get my ID2000's back. Also I have to get some evo 8 coil wires, as the galants boots are to long to drive with but I can get them to work just to start it. I FRICKEN NEED TO GET THIS THING STARTED SO I CAN START ON PHASE 2 AND THEN MOVE ONTO PHASE 3!!! lol

ok i know this is prob something youve already looked at but its worth bringing up. common mistake is to overlook the immobilizer when first starting an engine. i didnt really look back to see if youve already looked into it, it just came to mind and thought id bring it up.

I checked it out, didn't seem to be the issue. Thanks man for the thought!

so.... One injector was bad haha. oh and I had e85 sitting in them for 2.5 months, and nothing happened to them. They said they looked really good, and are all in 1% of each other.

I swear I'm about at my wits end with this car lol. I have a fuse that keeps popping and that provides power to the coils............. gah

back probe that bitch to find out where your shor to ground is dawgggg i wanna hear this thing purrrrrr

It has been started Kyle, just has some issues lol. Apparently there is a black power wire that feeds the coils. I put that to ground lol....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

vids or it didnt happen! =P

Bahahahahaha... I was thinking the same thing

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast