The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1392
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    You mean like the spring is simply too short? Helper springs?
    Not short I guess, just has some play and idk why.
    Quote Originally Posted by gojirars View Post
    Is the spring rubbing the perch in the slightest? And does your spring come with a "silencer rubber"? Tein makes these and it seemed to help in terms of removing my front end clunking. I have the SS and it has been solid since doing so.
    No, the d2s did not come with any rubber silencer crap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

How do the d2s work? My teins preload adjustment and height adjustment are on the same rings so if you set teins all the way down the spring will be loose at full decompression. I believe this is called droop. BC has rings to adjust height via moving the bottom mount up and down and a separate set of rings to set preload in the spring. If d2's are set up this way, could it be possible that one side doesn't have enough preload set as the other?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    BC has rings to adjust height via moving the bottom mount up and down and a separate set of rings to set preload in the spring. If d2's are set up this way, could it be possible that one side doesn't have enough preload set as the other?
    like this lol. maybe they don't even have preload lol hmm.. time to read

Fuuuuuuck that's clean

Id definitely check the preload because if the spring droops, everytime the coilover assembly decompresses fully the spring will be loose.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I would say loose but I can spin the spring fairly easy by hand in the perch... D2 instructions clearly say dont touch the preload, and i have none lol

Megans don't come preloaded but basically the instructions says to make sure preload is at 0 which means u can move the spring by hand like yours.

I have a clunking noise on my driver side that I need to inspect. But on the top of the spring mine has a cap that acts as an isolator which should prevent noise. Maybe yours is missing?? Unless both sides don't have it.

So is the spring contacting the top pillowball mount directly??

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

My JIC's are the same way. The instructions if i remember correctly say not to pre-load them, I leave a very small amount of play like a couple of mm's worth. Enough so I can still spin the coil with my hand muchike yours and Spdrcer.

so how do I quiet them down if they didn't come with the rubber crap? I really don't want to take them apart...

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

My D2's are set so I can spin the springs by hand but the instructions say to make sure they don't have any up and down play, thats how mine are setup. Maybe try to find some kind of rubber to put around the coil like jigz said about the teins, or give them a slight preload, so you have absolutely no play at the spring.

4g64T 5spd

Once I sprayed it with wd40 and another time I lined it with some type of grease but it did nothing so I just it ignore it now. Sorry I know this doesnt help.

Can u get a diagram of them broken down?? I know Megan racing has that on their site showing all the different components of the full assembly. I'm curious to see yours and compare them.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Two rounds tighter than just touching the spring, front and back. Keep it's tight and quiet and a smidge more firm.

I've set up a number of cars this way, clocked over 100k on DDed cars (one with 55k and a few winters alone) and a few track days annually, nothing too serious though. No issues at all, the ones I've taken off for people have been in better shape than the used sets others buy and want put in. The ride is firm but more than manageable given the ideals coilover users follow. Just can't drive too much with a full bladder.

I have no installation experience with BC's but I've done the above with D2's, Megans and Ksports.

Thanks man, Ill give that a shot.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I use a set of digital calipers and make sure to set them to the same height, I get them to where they are resistant to turn by hand, not loose, not stiff, but turnable with resistance.

The best way is to do that and then corner balance, but that gets it very close if your ride height is adjusted right.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Thanks Guys! Means alot. I just wish I had a fellow galant owner so I could cruise with lol. I had a whole parking lot of "fast cars" turn and watch me as I drove passed, and even a couple bikes whipped out and tried to get me to go chill in the parking lot with them. Not down with that, Im a loner. Plus most those guys are base faggots anyways LOL
    You could have a few Galant owners to cruise with if you moved down to FL :)

Experienced TGC Member
    Or to Cali

Need some input. Car runs fantastic in vac. As soon as I even go to 0 vac or into boost a little, car leans WAY Out, so bad it cuts out. Can't even do a pull into boost, very frustrating. Fuel system is good I checked all of it. I'm speed density, but what all factors into the ecu to adjust fuel? I'm going to bench test my AEM 5 bar tomorrow, but if that's good, where else to look? It's not the tune btw, he tried the ROM on someone else, no issues. Only 2 codes btw, knock sensor circuit 1 and iat sensor circuit 1, but the all meter to the ecu fine. Need some more ideas...

This is obvious but wouldnt hurt to try. Have you done a boost leak test yet? Normally a boost leak will have rich conditions in boost or WOT. But I have seen skittles run lean due to a boost leak.

Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast