The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1392
    stover nuts are to big to fit in the subframe bolt holes. no way of tightening them. So i'm going to fasten all tomorrow to get some oem style nuts. BTW the oem subframe nuts are stover nuts lol. So did a log with duty cycle and the other one(forgot, tired). I have no idea what I'm reading, but I only glanced at it while I was doing a pull, and its bad, car breaks up because no fuel at like 3 psi now lol wtf. tomorrow i'm going to check the injectors again, and get in tank for the first time see if I can find anything. I did fix my knock issue though. And I did look at the wiring diagram for the evo and this is interesting. TPS, fuel tank pressure, crank, cam, water temp, all share same ground and power. So I'll dig around some more i the diagrams and see if I can come up with anything, but as far as I can tell as long as the sensor is getting power and is sending the signal to the right port in the ecu, the ecu is happy, because none of these signals are digital, they are all analog (fluctuating voltage based on physical elements, I.E. tps moving(rheostat) ect) Still trying to find an evo 8 ecu though le sigh

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

What do you need the evo ECU for?

I do have an 00 eclipse GS wiring harness if you ever find yourself wanting to start over. It's mostly complete, idiot cut the injectors, a coil pack and the ac pigtail off before I got to it but I picked up the pigtails at least. Nothing that wouldn't be peanuts compared to your current situation.

If the duty cycle doesn't ramp up significantly as it starts to boost than you have either a bad ECU or more likely something feeding the ECU is bad. I would log the MAP sensor, get the IAT working at log that also. If the ROM function has been confirmed than those are your final variables.

Sucks. Specially to a engine that is not broken in and have injectors problems with super lean conditions. SD is a pain with new setup. I would have start with a MAF setup until you break in piston ring. Them you could move over SD for more gains. Hope you find the problem.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    What do you need the evo ECU for?

I do have an 00 eclipse GS wiring harness if you ever find yourself wanting to start over. It's mostly complete, idiot cut the injectors, a coil pack and the ac pigtail off before I got to it but I picked up the pigtails at least. Nothing that wouldn't be peanuts compared to your current situation.

If the duty cycle doesn't ramp up significantly as it starts to boost than you have either a bad ECU or more likely something feeding the ECU is bad. I would log the MAP sensor, get the IAT working at log that also. If the ROM function has been confirmed than those are your final variables.
    MAP Sensor works, I have been trying to find how to log my iat forever, and cannot locate anything info on that for evo scan. I have an evo harness that I stole pigtails from so I should be good with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Sucks. Specially to a engine that is not broken in and have injectors problems with super lean conditions. SD is a pain with new setup. I would have start with a MAF setup until you break in piston ring. Them you could move over SD for more gains. Hope you find the problem.
    The motor is broken in, and thats why I discovered this. The car runs great inside of vac, but the moment it it goes into boost it leans up, not bad until about 10 psi, but still. I don't have room with a maf setup. And if everything is good to go, SD is great.

If it hasn't seen boost it isn't broken in. You haven't parked a semi tractor on your bearings yet or prompted the rings to introduce themselves to the cylinder walls with 1500 PSI and 1500 degree EGT's. Engines need to see significant load in 100 miles or so or the rings start to file down, it takes a lot of heat and pressure to seat them especially in high end performance motors with extremely hard rings and big gaps and bearing tolerances. If it doesn't happen quickly enough you lose compression, engine life and will always burn just a smidge of oil.

Yeah I supposed thats true, and totally makes sense.

OK so I went through my wiring, and everything is there. I fixed my IAT issue and it functions on evoscan. The sensors that need 5VDC get five volts, all of them are grounded, and the signal wire is good. I wish they would publish the circuits of the ecu that determine load. I mean besides the map sensor and tps what is used to determine load in the ecu, ie what signals. I'm beginning to wonder if I do indeed have a bad ecu, because I know for a fact my tps works, and my map sensor works up to 35 psi because I watched it on evoscan during my boost leak test. Wait a minute, I wonder if the ecu has two different circuits to control fuel, in vac and under load. That would make sense since I work fine in vac, but the moment I have ANY NON VAC haha ie 0 and above, it leans out because it doesn't know what is where. And I even checked my injectors, and they are spotless. I have no reason to be leaning out unless the ecu is at a loss for fuel delivery.

BTW i'm thinking out loud. If anybody has any input, please input!

Cliff notes: The stock ecu to evo ecu conversion chart is pretty much right, but there are a couple things that need to be changed, I'll make a new one when I have time.

EDIT: The evo ecu determines load by airflow per revolution
    Last edited by Galantman03; 08-13-2014 at 11:02 PM

Galantman03's 8G Build

Try to flash another SD compatible ROM. Maybe is a bad calculation on the code. If you check tps while engine is off. key ON. Check tps values on evo scann. Standard value is 12.2-13.33%. Floor the tps and make it WOT slow. See if the value reach 100%. I seem if tps location signal wire is wrong. U will see increase of value them at mid way it will go negative, this will explain the load to tps confusion.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Try to flash another SD compatible ROM.
    The ROM works perfectly on another car that he has tuned. He even sent the same map of mine to a guy and it worked.
    Maybe is a bad calculation on the code. If you check tps while engine is off. key ON. Check tps values on evo scann. Standard value is 12.2-13.33%. Floor the tps and make it WOT slow. See if the value reach 100%. I seem if tps location signal wire is wrong. U will see increase of value them at mid way it will go negative, this will explain the load to tps confusion.
    TPS is fine. above 90% on WOT a look at it all the time in evoscan.

I have an ecu coming tuesday, and something else coming in a couple weeks I think haha

I see. Does the other car with the same rom/ maps has the same setup as u. I mean like a replica? The ecu wont react the same with different setup. There is way to much error variable for the ecu could keep a stable fuel mix or timing. But for sure try another ecu. Or even go with a stand alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOHC Turbo

Yep exact same setup. Fuel and map sensor with 2.4LR Lol no standalone, I'm not no...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Incase anybody is keeping track, I found the issue. changed ecus, didn't fix anything. The dang FPR. I adjusted my base fuel pressure to 50 psi WITH IDLE, and the car hits 15psi on boost no issues. I ordered a new fpr, and hopefully this being a smaller one it will function.

Nice. So vacuum off is at 50? Or thats with vacuum

SOHC Turbo

Whatever you do don't set it below 43.5psi with the vac line off.

Why is that silvertune. Mine is set at 38 with vac off and goes up to 40 with vacumm. Not sure if mine is even right. Lol

SOHC Turbo

With the vac off its more likely closer to 60psi. Dude you fuel pressure should DECREASE when you have max vac. Example. 32 psi for me with vac on pulling 18 inches of merc. Less vac = more pressure UNTIL you get to your base fuel pressure, ie 43.5 psi with the line off. Then it should be 1:1 ratio for fuel pressure to boost pressure.

Galantman03's 8G Build

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    With the vac off its more likely closer to 60psi. Dude you fuel pressure should DECREASE when you have max vac. Example. 32 psi for me with vac on pulling 18 inches of merc. Less vac = more pressure UNTIL you get to your base fuel pressure, ie 43.5 psi with the line off. Then it should be 1:1 ratio for fuel pressure to boost pressure.

Wait. U right. I set mine at 43.5 and now is around 40-41psi. I was getting confuse. Lol

What is your vacuum readings at idle with your cams?

Last edited by Isaurio; 08-27-2014 at 06:44 PM

SOHC Turbo

16 lol

Mine is at -12 272 cam

SOHC Turbo

I have 282s i believe, gsc s3

Well got some good news and bad news...
    Good news is the g got waxed and buffed to a shine and I was learning how to launch it tonight, it was raining so its easier on the drivetrain and me lol and it went well...
    until I hear a noise on the way home. :( wastegate flange weld broke on the manifold... grrrr

Page 58 of 70 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast