The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galantman03's 8G Build

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Showing results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1392
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Mine is at -12 272 cam
    That's because it's made by RPW.

I have a feeling that nobody will know what I am talking about but its worth a shot I guess. The connectors in the engine bay, like injectors, cam, crank sensor, does anybody know what brand they are? I know that the evo ecu plugs are tyco and I can get that information on evom, but nobody on there even mentions the plugs. Basically I am going to redo the harness and make it completely hidden, but I'm not going to solder or use splices. I'm going to depin, repin, crimp and run all new wires from the sensors themselves to the firewall connections. I was hoping that maybe somebody knows the brand or knows where I can find the info for it?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Wish I knew. I just looked at mine, couldn't figure anything out.

Edit: a quick search shows KUM/Sumitomo connectors that look like ours, but nothing definitive.
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 09-01-2014 at 02:39 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

This is some of the hardest info to find honestly. Back in the day spd_frk and I searched for a while. I believe they were Tyco. We found the pins for ecu side as well as several of the engine side connectors when we were making harnesses. I think I still have it in a binder somewhere I'll check and see for you J.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Wish I knew. I just looked at mine, couldn't figure anything out.

Edit: a quick search shows KUM/Sumitomo connectors that look like ours, but nothing definitive.
    I guess I can go look at the connectors and see if there is anything stamped on them like cannon plugs have, but I'm pretty sure they don't have any NSN or part number on them. hmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    This is some of the hardest info to find honestly. Back in the day spd_frk and I searched for a while. I believe they were Tyco. We found the pins for ecu side as well as several of the engine side connectors when we were making harnesses. I think I still have it in a binder somewhere I'll check and see for you J.
    Dude, that would be tits! haha

So all my parts come next week, which sadly means I will be missing the last autocross of the season... :( Other then that, still working on some things. But I will leave you with this picture, because it snowed, and its probably going to stay in the garage all winter long. That's me btw, and my dad lol

How do you feel owning a sick ride? lol your car looks beast

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

The rare photo of owner and car! Your g looks so mean
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

chase bay seems to use new plugs so they must be available. our oem harness uses almost all the same connectors on the engine side of the harness as an evo/2g so between these three sites i think you can get everything you need.

ecu plugs and pins
    http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Plugs,_...and_Connectors

engine related plugs and pins
    http://connectors.sheridanengineering.com/index-2.htm

also engine related plugs and pins
    http://www.szabaga.com/store/diyconn.html

or you could buy a chase bay harness
    http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...ltech-com.html
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    How do you feel owning a sick ride? lol your car looks beast
    Just like all of us on the forum, a proud galant owner man! But its a blast to drive, cause nobody expects this thing to be that fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    The rare photo of owner and car! Your g looks so mean
    Where is your pic or car and driver? wink wink! lol. I think it could be a little meaner IMO.. winter time... haha
    Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    chase bay seems to use new plugs so they must be available. our oem harness uses almost all the same connectors on the engine side of the harness as an evo/2g so between these three sites i think you can get everything you need.

ecu plugs and pins
    http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Plugs,_...and_Connectors

engine related plugs and pins
    http://connectors.sheridanengineering.com/index-2.htm

also engine related plugs and pins
    http://www.szabaga.com/store/diyconn.html

or you could buy a chase bay harness
    http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo...ltech-com.html
    You know whats nice? I found everything, EXCEPT the IAC and the front 02 connector. Thanks to your links, I have found the IAC, but I still need to find the front 02. I'll just take out the pins and see if those pins are used anywhere else. Thanks for the links man!

And NO don't use chase bays, IMO they have no idea what they are doing as far as a MIL-SPEC harness. They probably don't even know how to properly lace a harness. Oh well. This winter I will make a tut on wire tucking and mils-spec info.

Also, hopefully this winter I will be able to take care of the little stuff. IE interior and what not.
    Last edited by Galantman03; 09-14-2014 at 10:30 AM

isnt this the front oxygen sensor connector
    http://connectors.sheridanengineering.com/NMWP4F-B.htm

this site also has a lot of good stuff
    http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

it is but it doesn't help me if I can't order it.
    I have all the info I need for the pins, I just have to go out an see if I can track down some info on the besides the names that all these websites give out. I need to find the manufacturer and their code to order them for like 5 cents a piece, compared to 75 cents each, if you know what I mean haha

im confused why can't you order it?

I can... I fail at reading this entire week apparently.

haha its all good man i'll try and look for the connectors from the make but they usually have a minimum order per piece could be 5,10,50,100,500 ect. i would just pull the connectors from a junkyard galant/eclipse pocket them and buy new pins for everything

As of right now I don't need any connectors, and I broke a couple from the 3 or 4 harnesses that I have trying to get the pins out haha. I have to see how the connectors work, and now I know for sure on all the ones that I have to removed. The only PIN/ contact that I CANNOT locate is the stupid starter one. Its a weird looking female spade, I might have to save it some how.

are you talking about the one for the solenoid?

http://www.repairconnector.com/packa...ousing-5-pack/

the "pin" is in the discription

You're good. That's it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

glad i could help its something i want to do also so i had some of the research done

I'm watching this closely. I'd love to make a full harness to eliminate this mess in the engine bay. I don't mind pinning new plugs and running wires between connectors.

U better make this tutorial with part numbers to plugs!

Sent from my Galaxy S4
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Page 59 of 70 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast