The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Keith6110 1999 Reincarnated Galant

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Showing results 781 to 800 of 806
    Oic i have yet to play around with maps so i cant help lol

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Been awhile since I've accomplished something with the car. The time my brother and I have into this thing since my last update is unbelievable...

I found plenty of leaks in my modded Megan headers and decided to start new. I bought 350z headers thinking I would pipe over the transmission. Unfortunately I was unable to route over tranny with still leaving room for my air intake on the holset hx40.

I do not have pics of the modded headers but we ended up cutting these up for the bends and welding them together similar (offset more) to the megan header design.

Block off plates from 3sx for the EGR system delete

Quaife differential was needed for the expected power. Thank you Matt (M-rod) for giving me info on the speedometer gear that goes on this diff.

Current engine bay setup

Enroute to the Dyno ~3 hours away

Dyno day!

Getting a starting point

Final run

Final Numbers @ 6psi

I've put around 500 miles on it so far, it pulls hard! I'm just keeping her tucked away in the garage at my new place until the weekends or nice days.

Last edited by keith6110; 09-08-2013 at 10:30 PM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

there needs to be a like button on here

will you be using a pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body with mandrel bends in the future? purely wondering here

something odd I just noticed, you have the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel rail loop reversed from how it is from the factory, was this purely accidental when you were setting up the engine, or did it have to do with space constraints with the intercooler piping?
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Nice bro!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Great update, I had been wondering how she was coming along. Cruel Summer is turning into Angry Autumn, but it's getting there lol!

And congrats on the house!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I'm in love with this Galant

thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    there needs to be a like button on here

will you be using a pipe from the intercooler to the throttle body with mandrel bends in the future? purely wondering here

something odd I just noticed, you have the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel rail loop reversed from how it is from the factory, was this purely accidental when you were setting up the engine, or did it have to do with space constraints with the intercooler piping?
    haha for sure!

-Actually I plan to make this pipe again but received some tips from the guys at PSIPROformance to make my "pie cuts" out of curved piping instead of straight piping.
    -For the fuel lines, it made sense to keep the middle of the engine bay less cluttered and run the lines out of the passenger side of the engine. Good observation!

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Great update, I had been wondering how she was coming along. Cruel Summer is turning into Angry Autumn, but it's getting there lol!

And congrats on the house!
    Haha yea, slow update but I needed the funds for the house early this year. Cruel Summer is still valid, she was tuned on August 31 xD
    Thanks again! I need to make a project thread for it =P I've already redone rooms lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Samman View Post
    I'm in love with this Galant
    Thanks man! She wasn't much of a looker or driver at the begging of the thread. Sure has come a long way! =) She really can't compete with an authentic vr4 though xD
    Last edited by keith6110; 09-09-2013 at 11:37 AM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

How high do you have the rear suspension though? It looks higher than stock...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Car is amazing my fav shot is the 3rd one can't wait to see it again

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    How high do you have the rear suspension though? It looks higher than stock...
    Lol! It's not thaat high.. Look at the picture of it sitting outside of the dyno. The last few pics are throwing you off I think because of them being taken on a hill.

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Car is amazing my fav shot is the 3rd one can't wait to see it again
    Thanks =) You will see at MOD if you are going!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Most def been wanting to bring the g up there

«Carlos»

You guys doing awesome!!

how hard was it to reversed the fuel rails? or are they made that way?

as for pie cut peices, you can use straight pipe for it, just cut them at 15degrees (so stacking 6 will get you a 90degree bend) and leave about 10mm (2/5ths of an inch? lol) on the short side/inside of it.

will you be flipping the throttlebody to the other side? would make it much neater and cut down on pipe work.

Congrats on getting it done..gotta be nice to ride clean and boosted

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    You guys doing awesome!!
    Thanks! I'm already getting parts for the oz eclipse project xD

Quote Originally Posted by unclepaulie View Post
    how hard was it to reversed the fuel rails? or are they made that way?

as for pie cut peices, you can use straight pipe for it, just cut them at 15degrees (so stacking 6 will get you a 90degree bend) and leave about 10mm (2/5ths of an inch? lol) on the short side/inside of it.

will you be flipping the throttlebody to the other side? would make it much neater and cut down on pipe work.
    The fuel rails were ordered for the 3000GT of 3sx.com. They are made to run either way with AN fittings on each side of it.
    http://www.3sx.com/store/comersus_vi...idProduct=1113

While the flipping is true for the TB and less piping, I still needed to recirculate the BOV to the intake somehow =)

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Congrats on getting it done..gotta be nice to ride clean and boosted
    Thanks man, It is very nice to drive! I had the clean before but no boost and that made me sad... It might be FWD but it is still very fun to drive; I actually killed a modded 350z already. Pretty even off the line but when I started gripping I was gone. Great feeling to be able to do that now.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Sounds real good. I love the poppy burbble. Just convert to speed density and then open BOV.

Or run a short plenum with the TB in the middle. facing the back.

you could also talk to Xcessive about getting a plenum built that is flipped 180 degrees, 3sx has a short runner upper intake manifold that has the throttle body port on the opposite side, but it is hella expensive for something that is cast, that is, if you don't wish to build one yourself, welding aluminum, is different, let's put it as that, also both of those intake manifolds use a Q45 throttle body

well, the GTS and the XG350 runners would be a good base to build a plenum off anyway

maybe put the recirculate line under the upper intake manifold if you flip the plenum 180 degrees? I guess you could place the BOV before the intercooler could work as well, but I don't have much experence with turbo systems other than lending a hand with the occasional 240
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Your car has came ways and just keeps on getting better! since i seen it the stance looks really good and the new power pretty impressive on low boost!

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Lol! It's not thaat high.. Look at the picture of it sitting outside of the dyno. The last few pics are throwing you off I think because of them being taken on a hill.
    Lol! Oh ok that explains it! Any more thought about getting JDM fender flares later down the line?
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast