The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: p0705: transmission range sensor

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

p0705: transmission range sensor

so about 2 weeks ago my car started jerking hard only when going into reverse (all other gears were fine) and then my check engine light came on and drive wouldnt engage (it reved up like if it was in neutral for D 3 2 and 1, reverse still worked)

it gave me the code "p0705 transmission range sensor malfuction (prnd) input" so i went ahead and replace the park/ nuetral switch, and it worked for about a week, then it started jerking in reverse again, it took about 1 week and then my "drive" was gone again... the light came back on for p0705 again...

i found a blown fuse on the side panel fuse box blown, it was fuse # 15 (it had a little picture of a tranny)(i think) i replaced the fuse. reset the ecu (unpluged battery) but the car still jerks hard when going only into reverse, drive still wont engage

any ideas? should i try replacing the park/ neutral switch again? ($80 from dealer)

Try the auto transmission relay in the fuse box under the hood, I used to have a similar problem, the trans would suddenly jerk, CEL, and run like crap. replaced the relay and problem solved. Relay at Mitsu $40.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-23-2011 at 06:41 PM

I switch the relayd around with the other ones under the hood (same part number) n I didnt help....

^^^ I believe I tried that too and it didnt work until I had the new relay in there, I know sounds wierd.

Yea... cuz I had both the 3g and 8g, swapped them and both cars did it afterwards, swapped back my eclipse did it only replaced problem solved and a month later the G was doing it, replaced and done. Been good ever since.

Did it work I have a similar problem it has been a week and 3 mechanic about 250 dollars and still a headache someone help i changed the neutral switch and its the same
    Symptoms :
    Stuck in 3rd gear
    Speedometer fail
    Reverse lgfhts fail

If you are popping the fuse, I would start with looking for a short to ground. I would look for any of the wires going to the PRNDL connector if they are exposed and not protected by the insulator.

The PRNDL Malfunctioning could be caused by another component as well. The input for the PRNDL would be both the shift lever and the TCU.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Icon4

Quote Originally Posted by Carlant View Post
    Did it work I have a similar problem it has been a week and 3 mechanic about 250 dollars and still a headache someone help i changed the neutral switch and its the same
    Symptoms :
    Stuck in 3rd gear
    Speedometer fail
    Reverse lgfhts fail
    Got into a rear end accident and had those symptoms yesterday how do I fix it?!?

hi! i have 98 mitsubishi galant and my engine light come on for that transmission ranger sensor. I have qustions do you think that sensor make my stering wheel Vibration, cauze when i put my car on drive my car is shaking? thank you

For shaking, replace worn motor mounts. And yes check the range sensors connections, and replace it if necessary.

Do you have any of the jerking and gears not engaging symptoms?