The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Strut bar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 46 of 46
    Ive had a Carbing for years now and to be honest its nice to knowing you have a pedal stop. I think most people want something to add a lil shine to their engine bay so they'll opt for something other then the stock 3g bar even though it may work better. I still think the adjustable ones do add a little strength because to me it works like a turnbuckle, the more you tighten the more tension it creates even though it may have a pivot point. I still agree the stock bar is more rigid and best bang for the buck.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Key words: Supposed to.

Although the firewall is fairly thin, I highly doubt it flexes, thus negating the need for a master cylinder stopper. Especially since those of us who actually run on the track, do not use the Carbing bar.
    As we all know the 3G Eclipse STB (when in the 3G) has two additional mounting points on the firewall to provide further strength. I agree, it is unlikely any of us, even those like you that track their cars will see a serious benefit from it. It does however look really damn cool. :)

Sorry to drag this out but did every 3G Eclipse come with a STB? I've found a few people in my area parting out a 3G Eclipse but they have all stated that their vehicle did not come with one. Thanks for the help!!

you answered your own question
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Yeah I should have explained that better. The only two people that I have talked to were not familiar with what a STB was. I had to explain that to them what the part looked like and where it was. They both sounded confused and thought I was interested in their struts. Thanks.

Pretty sure the V6 3Gs came with STBs and the 4-cyls did not

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123