The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AC Belt Squeels

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Banned

AC Belt Squeels

Wondering if someone can get me a picture of the 1st nut to loosen to allow the wheel to move. Then a picture of the actual tensioner bolt to tighten it. Or a belt diagram would work too.
    Outside doing it now and pictures will follow.

*Edit* I'm dumb :<< It was right there in the wide open for everyone to see. No more squeek :3

Last edited by AktionCat; 05-02-2011 at 10:35 AM

I'm assuming this is a 4 cyl? Correct me if I'm wrong but on the 4 cyl engines, the alternator runs on its own belt apart from the A/C&PS
    1999 North Star White V6 8G
    2003 Yamaha R6
    2008 Lancer Evolution X

The Original FACTION from the BGR Days
    First Founder of TGC Florida 2002-2005

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    I'm assuming this is a 4 cyl? Correct me if I'm wrong but on the 4 cyl engines, the alternator runs on its own belt apart from the A/C&PS
    It is..I might just have it backwards

Quote Originally Posted by Faction View Post
    Correct!
    And for the first question as to where the bolt is to loosen the alt. Your photo shows the two bolts to tighten/adjust the alt. There is 1 bolt with a nutt on the under side of the alt. Thats the one you need to loosen also inorder for the alt to be adjusted. Then once adjust tight all of them back up. The bolt on the under side of the alt. is easier to loosen from the under side of the car.