The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Money Pit!

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Showing results 561 to 580 of 710
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

My trans is kinda similar to TRE's stage 2, mines has cryo and rem/ isf treated gear set instead of shot peening. As far as the magnet unless the 3g trans comes with one stock like most other trans then I dont have it and my case isnt glass beaded which would be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    My trans is kinda similar to TRE's stage 2, mines has cryo and rem/ isf treated gear set instead of shot peening. As far as the magnet unless the 3g trans comes with one stock like most other trans then I dont have it and my case isnt glass beaded which would be nice to have.
    Who did the rebuild on it and how much it cost?? I wanna call TRE and talk to them about the stage two and see how much power does it handle.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

My local shop Evo shop did the work, Atlantic Motorsports. It was around 1200 I think.

Last month I used a DIY motor mount poly kit I picked up for $25, work out really good I was to do 3 rear mounts from one kit. Much better then having that two piece kit ES (or Prothane I cant remember who makes it).

Also finally got the scales Ive been wanting and saving up for. I haven't corner balanced the car yet but I did weigh a door that's been sitting around (long story), it weighs in at 51lbs and Im gonna gut it then compare to see how much weight I can potentially lose.

Also got the car on the dyno last week and detuned from 430hp down to 316hp, hopefully this will lessen the stress on the tranny. While it was there I had the 3 back to back dyno runs required by the NASA TT director to class the car. Since the car has an extra camshaft and aftermarket turbo along with a slew of other things from different cars it doesn't fit in any TT class. Once I have that I can start transitioning to TT.

Ill be at the track with this thing in two weekends, Im excited to get back out there after a long 4 month off season.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Last month I used a DIY motor mount poly kit I picked up for $25, work out really good I was to do 3 rear mounts from one kit. Much better then having that two piece kit ES (or Prothane I cant remember who makes it).

Also finally got the scales Ive been wanting and saving up for. I haven't corner balanced the car yet but I did weigh a door that's been sitting around (long story), it weighs in at 51lbs and Im gonna gut it then compare to see how much weight I can potentially lose.

Also got the car on the dyno last week and detuned from 430hp down to 316hp, hopefully this will lessen the stress on the tranny. While it was there I had the 3 back to back dyno runs required by the NASA TT director to class the car. Since the car has an extra camshaft and aftermarket turbo along with a slew of other things from different cars it doesn't fit in any TT class. Once I have that I can start transitioning to TT.

Ill be at the track with this thing in two weekends, Im excited to get back out there after a long 4 month off season.
    What do u need to do to make it fit in a class then??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

I don't need to do nothing other then submit the dyno sheets and offer up any other required info.The classing system is a lil hard to understand but in a nut shell all production based cars start in a base class TTB- TTF, F being the slowest. Any upgrades and then you start accumulating points and you only have a certain amount of points until you move up to a faster class. Once you pass TTB then your in TT3,TT2,TT1 and TTU territory, 3 being the slowest and U or Unlimited being the fastest. These are cars based on power to weight ratio, Im pretty sure this is where Ill be placed and this group is filled with some real fast cars so being competitive is gonna be difficult. It will probably take a very long time until Im actually competitive but Ill be having fun in the meantime.

Ok this makes sense
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Where did you pick up the scales? I've been wanting a set lately but they are kinda spendy lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I got them from a local store, OG Racing.com they are pricey at $1156 but I plan on using them a lot. Most people don't even bother owning a set, they just take their car to a race shop and get it corner balanced for around $300 and there done but Im really into chassis setup and will put them to good use.

me and a few friends went in on a set, same brand as yours but wireless. it takes the big nut of $1500 off and turns it into $300 each. all of them race auto-x and rally-x and of course theyre always at my shop working on their cars with my tools so i just keep them here and get to use them whenever i want. whether it be either of the the galants, shifter kart, champ kart or modified.

I thought you had the doors gutted already? I never measured them, but completely stripping 2 cars, and having replaced a door before here's my take: the real difference maker is the glass.

That really works out for you Kyle since you get to hold on to them. Are you still on that modified team?

Thats pretty interesting about the glass cause I weighed the door without the glass since it was broken out a while ago. So I guess Ill see how much more the rest of the motor weighs without it after I gut it.

No I never gutted the doors but maybe soon. It just adds more work in the end since I would have to make brackets to hold the glass up while the car is being transported on the open trailer in case it rains and having to have to put them in and out out the track is a pain too so its something that can wait.

Yea I would definetly do lexan for the rear doors but pribaly just keep the glass for the fronts since it would just be for transporting the car.

This past weekend I was able to corner scale the car, its real time consuming and at times real confusing to understand the whole process and this being my first time I kinda had my doubts. In the end I finally was able to understand the concept as I was doing it which made me feel like I learned something valuable but I did cheat cause I found a program that lets you plug in your weights and then calculates your target weights which even though I did cheated it help me to understand the concept even more.

Anyway on with the data

car
    driver w/helmet and Hans device
    1/8 tank
    tires @ 40 psi
    = 3081lbs

After I was done

This is what my setup looked like

I cant wait to get to the track, I miss it so much lol!

Car w/out driver
    = 2881 (I know I need to lose weight,, Im working on it)

What size are those wheels & tires?

My car without me weighed 3090lb I can't remember how much gas was in it. Maybe half a tank.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

that's not bad, before the cage and fully gutted with stock seats it weighed in at 2920 with me in it and 1/4 tank. So the cage added 160 lbs but completely gutted with out hvac and stock seats are cars can get down to around 2720 dry.

wheels and tires are 17x9 235/40 17
    Last edited by xd_01; 04-12-2016 at 06:43 AM

Dang I'm at 3340 without me and a full tank of gas lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast