The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Money Pit!

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Showing results 581 to 600 of 710
    Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Dang I'm at 3340 without me and a full tank of gas lol
    Awd components probably is the reason. I'm full interior and everything.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Yea but he has the horsepower and better trans to make it move, with a good balance it will handle great anyway, although lighter is faster. Which brings me to my next dilemma.

This lithium battery just arrived that I ordered before I balanced the car, its a motorcycle/race car battery that's like 6"s tall and ways 3lbs. The old worn out yellow top its supposed to replace is around 35 lbs and located in the right rear. My intention was to relocate the smaller battery behind the driver seat but if I do that it will make the already light rear even lighter.

Im already at 39% in the rear and optimum would be 50% but would never be achieved generally because sedans are designed this way but still to take weight away from already light rear is probably not a great idea, atleast in my head. People do it all the time and maybe they have aero to compensate for it but I think for now Im gonna hold off installing it till at least I get it on track and see how the new balance handles.

Well here it is

I heard good stuff about those batteries. They come with a hefty price too.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

This one is $260

Sad to say that I blew 4th gear yesterday afternoon, but I had fun doing it :)

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    Sad to say that I blew 4th gear yesterday afternoon, but I had fun doing it :)
    U scare me to run my car once it's done.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Geeze! Have you ever thought about dogbox?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I wish bro, if a dog box was available I would be on it believe me.

Ill give an update w/ video in a lil while, I gotta pack first. Where going to Disney tomorrow morning and Im not even ready yet lol.

Need help deciding guys, should I skip fwd on evo trans and go strate to awd? The reason i want keep fwd is to kinda get close to breakin some guys record at a certain track but its kinda not realistic but i still want get it as fast as i can.

Then i was gonna switch to awd so i could be close to being competitive in the racing classes which i know now is where i wanna be in the next couple years.

Staying fwd will cost more money and reversing it to awd will cost me also along with down time. Going strate awd and say screw being the fastest fwd get me closer to the end goal.

Opinions, comments??

Fastest fwd. Fwd evo all the way. My opinion. Awd is common in "galant world" but not a fwd monster galant. Thats what im thinking and my logic. (Also what im doin after engine build)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

The Money Pit!

Finish this season fwd and then During the winter down time make the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Basically,,,

Go fwd with the extra hassle and try to reach an unrealistic goal

Go strate to awd for the end more realistlistic goal

U said it. U wanted to he somewhere specific in the next couple of years and staying fwd won't get u there. I want to stay fwd and go for records on this platform since no one stayed fwd and made some serious power.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    U said it. U wanted to he somewhere specific in the next couple of years and staying fwd won't get u there. I want to stay fwd and go for records on this platform since no one stayed fwd and made some serious power.

Yea what he said.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bryant, end of the day, we will keep spending money on these cars no matter what we do. If you want to stay fwd for another season or two to try and break that record, go ahead and do it man! if you succeed you can say you did it, and if you dont atleast you tried. But when its all over youre not gonna look back and say "I wonder what would have happened?"
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Ef it bro im going fwd for a lil while longer. I just havent accomplished what i wanted yet. I gotta try like jigz says so i wont be left wondering. Ill have the awd parts on stand by.

I also just had a long conversation with Brian too and he always is a huge help, he also got me deciding to go fwd until i get it out of my system. Even though hes not around hes always willing to help and his knowledge and accomplishments i priceless to this community, shout out to him NYC' s finest!!

I always talk to brian when I need ideas. He always has something good to give when I'm looking for help.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Well Im back for another update, I was really in a dilemma after I went through another tranny after roughly 51 track miles (about two 25 minute sessions and 3 laps of the 3rd session) but I finally have it figured out. FWD Evo tranny seems to be the only alternative for me right now with a bright future in AWD. Im hoping to get this done around June/July so I can have at least half a season with this car without breaking.

I have set some long term goals for myself and the good thing is Im patient enough to let them happen with out rushing. The biggest goals Ive set are to be an instructor for very new drivers which the plus side of that is that I would get free registration and see a lot more of the track from the passenger seat. Down side is I might get some hot foot that will slide right into a tire wall, Ill see how it goes. Any how Im also looking to get my TT license before the year is up, and then finally after I get some TT time in Ill go for my competition license so I can go wheel to wheel racing which by that time I will most likely have the AWD swap completed.

Overall Iam improving in my driving in certain areas like slip angle where I can actually feel the car slide through high speed corners which is a good thing but I need to improve more in other areas like late braking, no coasting (you really need to be either on the gas or on the brake, no coasting) and overall just building confidence to drive close and at times over the tires limit of adhesion. Basically I have to be comfortable with being UNcomfortable and Im just not there yet but that will change soon and that Im confident of especially after the trans is complete because I will have more seat time with a car that doesn't break (knock on wood).

Heres two videos from April. First one is my single fastest lap in the first session which I actually went faster by like 3/10's of a second then my last time out even after 5 months of winter break. The other video is actually a full session along with some paddock action so you can see what goes on behind the scenes. I actually Had to pull off track a lil early cause I was low on fuel.

And of course some pics, here she is packed up and ready to go home after the tranny broke.

20160416_170734 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

20160416_170712 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

And to make makes things worst I had to fix a flat halfway home...

20160416_183857 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

Yea that's my 1.5 ton HF track jack barely lifting the corner of my 8000 lb truck, I was to lazy to dig out the factory jack.

20160416_183909 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

And I was actually delighted to see the truck still had its unused OE spare with factory stickers, its a 2000 Excursion 7.3 diesel I bought 3 yrs ago with 140k on it.

20160416_183918 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

Also Evo rack arriving along with some other parts like starter plate and starter, still lots more to go.

20160426_185247 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

And heres my most exciting purchase lately and the start of my aero package I hope to have completed by 2018, a NASCAR splitter from the Camping World Truck series.

20160511_140721 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

20160511_140630 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

20160511_140553 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

20160511_210824_001 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

20160511_210816_001 by Bryant Ospina, on Flickr

Overall it was a rough weekend I was even having battery trouble with car and even the truck the day before, I was worried I was gonna get left stranded and the flat tire was the icing on the cake. I was actually in denial about that lol, I kept driving and was like no no no that cant be my tire hissing out air and kept driving for like 3 miles until the trucks rear started to get squirrely. Once that happened I finally accepted it and was lucky enough to find a gas station right off the highway to change the tire.

Fwd evo tranny is what is on my list for next summer. The more I see you post about the tranny breaking the more scared I am that I may not make it to Ohio for the dsm shootout this August because I wanted to run the car at the local track and get more seat time and learn launching it more consistently.

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Yea that's a tuff call, it would be very bad if you stuck out in Ohio. Launching is extremely hard on the drivetrain but Im sure you know this already. Ive never launched my car for this reason and probably never will since I don't do any drag racing.

Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast