The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2005 Galant Air Conditioner Problem

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

2005 Galant Air Conditioner Problem

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2005 Galant and the A/C is not blowing cold. Everything seems to be working and the compressor is running but the air that is blowing is not cold. It's not hot, but it's not cold. Also, this problem does not happen all the time. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Also, when it's not blowing cold, the green A/C light blinks.

Any ideas on what it might be and how to fix?

I appreciate the help.

R.C.

your compressor short cycling is the first sign of lo refrigerant, if it cycles quickly on an off u need to check for leaks,

alotta times u can do a visual check at ur service ports an along the a/c lines an look for oily spots where 134 an refrigerant oil would be leaking out, major leaks are easier to find that way, there is also leak check dye u can use too, works great,

the way to check ur compressor is with r134 gauges, lo side (blue) will not pull down to the 40 psi (give or take a few), even when u bring ur rpm's up u can see it fluctuatin, that kinda sounds like ur compressor is starting to go,

so it could be lo in 134 or ur comp is starting to give out , or even maybe just electrical but i never seen a blinking a/c light before, u can use a meter to check voltage at the comp while its runnin ur lo pressure switch sends voltage to the comp
    clickity clack & boom in the back , 99 Glant

My wife's 05 Suzuki XL-7 does that, I went on the Suzuki forums and they said the HVAC computer system has a DTC when it does that, and there is a process to count the blinks to see what the code is, they had a page out of the service manual and everything. My guess is that's what's going on with the 05 Galant as well, but a quick search turned up nothing for me. Hope this can point you in the right direction, sorry I couldn't help more.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"