The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2007 RA sunroof issue

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

2007 RA sunroof issue

I have a 2007 Galant Ralliart and the sunroof moves an inch when i move the switch forward or backward. It wont tilt when i push it, it tilts when I push it forward. I replaced the switch and it didn't fix the problem. It only works when I move it forward or backward but inch by inch and I have to move again. Can anyone help with this issue. Do I need to reset the sunroof some how or what. I don't wanna take it to the dealer cause it's 200 miles away. Can anyone help?

Theres a possibilty the sunroof is out of time. Basically what our sunroof guy says you should try is to remove the glass panel. Vent the roof. Then there Should be 2 t20 torx on each side. Remove them and then take out the glass. Then hold the switch in the close position until it closes. Then for an additional 5 seocnds. Then hold it in the open position til it opens and again for an additonal 5 seconds. Then close it an put it in the vent position to reinstall the glass. Once the screws are in but not tight. Close the roof and have someone help you sit the front edge of the glass flush with the roof. Tighten the front screws. Then do the same for the rears. Run the roof a couple times and you should be good. Again this is from my coworker he says should fix the problem assuming that timing is the issue.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.