The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chrome door handle replacement jdm alternative?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Chrome door handle replacement jdm alternative?

I plan to get black 3g handle cups but figured while at it look for handle options. Would these work? I see a couple sellers with em. One seller had theirs listed for 7g galants and 3g galants plus mirage. Do they use the same handle?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Door-Handl...684?nav=SEARCH

Sorry if this is old news, also is getting the handles off simple? I can get the panels off no problem.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-17-2016 at 04:56 PM

Cool deal..just curious, you've been here longer than me but is this new or has someone found aftermarket replacements in the states? Seems l easier than hunting down jdm replaceents unless you want authentic parts or something. I just want something nicer lol

it's been selling on eBay for 2 years. The demand for those things were a lot lower than how we used see to back in 2005-10.

Gotcha. I can understand..even for me its not the biggest of deals but I figured why not. Found a set for 13.xx shipped so I got 2. Now I just need the black 3g cups. Crazy how I can get handles new cheaper than the cups used. Wished I had jumped on the cheaper ones I saw on ebay a while back smh. And the 3gs at my local yard are always too trashed or missing them.

Cups are inexpensive at the dealer, get it from there. Most junkyard ones are tired and faded at this point anyways. Let us know how those handles are, I always wondered about their quality.

Will do. Not sure how quickly I'll jump to installing them when they arrive, but I'll post back. Also installing them I assume you unbolt the original, and do the linkages/cables just pull out and then it's reverse for the new handles? Thats how easy it was when I had my 240..door panels removed first of course.

Just what I wanted to hear lol, thanks.

Also another question...the weatherstrip on top of the panel, that can be removed right? If so I need to hit a yard and grab one because clumsy me forgot to take the screw out that sits in the cup surrounded by he window switch trim. I went to yank and broke it..first time I ever forgot to take it out smh.

___edit__

Got another issue went to install the new handle and now doors lock at different rates. Some fully, some halfway. Installed the original handle and tried..same thing. And I cant get horn confimation on lock.

My drivers side and passenger front were kinda doing this prior to trying to put the new handle on, but now its worse. Any ideas, thanks in advance. Also I noticed the chrome handles lock tab/button doesnt seem to rotate as smooth as original.

Not sure if I wanna keep the chrome ones if I have to deal with 3 more doors. I just fooled with the pass front today. Compared to the other 3, with the doors lock I can feel a sight bind in the tension when I lift on the outside handle. Kinda like when you double check to make sure your doors are locked when your outside the car. So something about that door is now off.
    Last edited by 8thLS6; 04-23-2016 at 08:00 PM

Verdict on handles is I'm waiting to hear back if I can refund. They dont do well with the locks. As far as 3G handle bezels, found place on line thats like a dealership as far as I see that ordered all 4 for me under $30 ship. Hopefully that goes well. Those needed replacing, the handles were a "while I'm at it" thing.

Knock on wood but with the original handle back on seems things are back in order, but like I said I think time has taking a toll on em too.

Thanks for the update. Over the years, I learned that nothing fits as good as factory parts...but deep down was hoping for a different outcome. I have three sets of the factory grey handles that are perfectly fine, hit me up if you need any.

Yeah me too especially since the finish was decent and the price was great. I should be able to get by on my handles, I just wanted chrome to spruce up the interior some. If that changes to where something happens to my original, I'll definitely keep you in mind. Thanks for offering.