The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Best Wheel For 8g

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 326
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Whoa. That's fucked. It should be illegal to have BBS or any other quality brand caps on replicas. Until I read your caption, I thought those were BBS's, I'm sure that you could tell they were replicas by sight, but I'm a wheel n00b. Imagine how many others he was fooling.
    I'd imagine many were fooled by them, as the many others that are faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    He claims he hit a pothole at 25 mph.
    Hahaha...that is a funny joke that guy has...lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Hahaha...that is a funny joke that guy has...lol
    I believe it.

When a company copy/pastes their website from another company how can you expect them to make a decent product?

And from what I've read Varrstoen has only passed DOT standards. And I could make a wheel from cardboard and pass DOT standards

EVERY wheel is easily copied. They're not going to copy a wheel if there's no market though.
    not every wheel is easily copied. some are harder than others to the point that some just don't get copied. one piece wheels are easier to fake than multi piece and some multi-piece are too hard to pull off and not look totally fake.

the exposed polished flange between the barrel and face on my wheels is not easily copied especially if the face is not chrome (because the face would b a different color than the flange); it is even more obvious on the gold version. this was one of the reasons i got these particular wheels and in special order gunmetal. the only way to convincingly copy this look is to make the wheels multi-piece (or possibly riveting a polished flange behind the spokes of a 1 piece wheel)... making them multi-piece would make them cost prohibitive and simply casting them in one piece and polishing the flange sections while painting the face parts would not be easily made to look convincing.

since the flange is polished it shines as much as the lips and is actually very noticable even from a distance:

additionally, the way the face disc exposes the barrel flange from the front by the thin spokes of the wheel, you can see the pierce bolts go all the way through w/ fasteners on the rear of the flange... nobody that knocks off wheels bothers to fake the rear fasteners because most wheels designs don't easily show those when the wheels are mounted:

lastly that all metal valve stem visibly goes through the flange and face and "floats" in a hole not touching the face or flange then bends 90 degrees to go into the barrel at a point behind the flange... another detail not worth knocking off as it is also cost prohibitive:

This is such a hot G. That looks dam good.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    not every wheel is easily copied. some are harder than others to the point that some just don't get copied. one piece wheels are easier to fake than multi piece and some multi-piece are too hard to pull off and not look totally fake.

the exposed polished flange between the barrel and face on my wheels is not easily copied especially if the face is not chrome (because the face would b a different color than the flange); it is even more obvious on the gold version. this was one of the reasons i got these particular wheels and in special order gunmetal. the only way to convincingly copy this look is to make the wheels multi-piece (or possibly riveting a polished flange behind the spokes of a 1 piece wheel)... making them multi-piece would make them cost prohibitive and simply casting them in one piece and polishing the flange sections while painting the face parts would not be easily made to look convincing.

since the flange is polished it shines as much as the lips and is actually very noticable even from a distance:

additionally, the way the face disc exposes the barrel flange from the front by the thin spokes of the wheel, you can see the pierce bolts go all the way through w/ fasteners on the rear of the flange... nobody that knocks off wheels bothers to fake the rear fasteners because most wheels designs don't easily show those when the wheels are mounted:

lastly that all metal valve stem visibly goes through the flange and face and "floats" in a hole not touching the face or flange then bends 90 degrees to go into the barrel at a point behind the flange... another detail not worth knocking off as it is also cost prohibitive:

1. People who buy replica wheels don't care that much.
    2. Not enough people would buy those reps to even make it worth it.

I have to say , you guys had made a point about the replica wheels, but, not everybody have the money to buy Volks, Rays or BBS; and its clear the quality of the wheels its very important, but even a quality brand can get broken in a given moment. I'm not saying it something of less importance, just, that we can discuss fo a year how good a high quality, expensive brand is; and is like discuss how wet is the water. I wolud love to have a set of Volk TE37, but I dont have the money, so, a good afordable set have to do for the time being.
    De que estamos hablando?

Reelax you alcoholic.... posting up next to BevMo. LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by PR8GG View Post
    I have to say , you guys had made a point about the replica wheels, but, not everybody have the money to buy Volks, Rays or BBS; and its clear the quality of the wheels its very important, but even a quality brand can get broken in a given moment. I'm not saying it something of less importance, just, that we can discuss fo a year how good a high quality, expensive brand is; and is like discuss how wet is the water. I wolud love to have a set of Volk TE37, but I dont have the money, so, a good afordable set have to do for the time being.
    personally I feel if you can afford to rock nice wheels then do so. if you can't, then save and wait for a bargain. I see people rush to get wheels because they can't wait to save. in California, if you rock replicas. you get laughed at no matter what. yeah cali people are brand whores lol. me personally have not spent anything more than 1000 bucks on my wheels with the exception of the volks when I had my g35 and I have works, ssr, 5zigen and bbs in my garage. I've seen 18 inch te37's. go as low as 1500
    with tires and that's a real bargain. you just gotta be patient. screw all the lil gadgets people put into their cars. think of the money you would have saved if u didn't buy that crap and saved for strictly wheels. wheels make the car. everything else is an accessory.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    personally I feel if you can afford to rock nice wheels then do so. if you can't, then save and wait for a bargain. I see people rush to get wheels because they can't wait to save. in California, if you rock replicas. you get laughed at no matter what. yeah cali people are brand whores lol. me personally have not spent anything more than 1000 bucks on my wheels with the exception of the volks when I had my g35 and I have works, ssr, 5zigen and bbs in my garage. I've seen 18 inch te37's. go as low as 1500
    with tires and that's a real bargain. you just gotta be patient. screw all the lil gadgets people put into their cars. think of the money you would have saved if u didn't buy that crap and saved for strictly wheels. wheels make the car. everything else is an accessory.
    well said

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Quote Originally Posted by dronesurfboards View Post
    I think a new wheel whore has been spawned!!

1. People who buy replica wheels don't care that much.
    2. Not enough people would buy those reps to even make it worth it.
    1. they wouldn't know the difference but alot of us would spot it immediately.
    2. you're kidding right? if there was a cheap version of the VOLK SF-WINNING it would be a very popular knockoff, but since it is not that easy to copy, the knockoff doesn't exist. not every wheel is easy to copy.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    I think a new wheel whore has been spawned!!
    DRONES has been a wheel collector for years. he has multiple sets of premium wheels in his collection. he also had the exact wheels i have on his g35 (in gold).

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    1. they wouldn't know the difference but alot of us would spot it immediately.
    2. you're kidding right? if there was a cheap version of the VOLK SF-WINNING it would be a very popular knockoff, but since it is not that easy to copy, the knockoff doesn't exist. not every wheel is easy to copy.
    Just because you own a wheel you think everyone wants it? Sorry but no. And a lot of people would notice? Sorry but no the SF line of wheels isn't exactly a te37, ce28, etc. That everyone has heard of

And if toucan afford reps you can afford used real stuff

Just because you own a wheel you think everyone wants it? Sorry but no. And a lot of people would notice? Sorry but no the SF line of wheels isn't exactly a te37, ce28, etc. That everyone has heard of

And if toucan afford reps you can afford used real stuff
    as a wheel collector, comparing te, ce, se. with the sf line is completely off. you're comparing a track wheel to a show wheel. in no way sf winnings a track wheel. btw sf winning are classy. when I had mine, people would always offer trades or make cash offers. I've been in the wheel game since 93, and trust me I've seen trends come and go. sf winnings may not be the most sought out wheel at the moment but give it a couple years and they will be sought after again when people don't see it around as much. look at vs-xx, those are getting played out like gold wheel color. even 3 piece rs-betas were hot then got played out and now they're hot again. reelax has been in the game probably longer than me and he got a wheel that made his car classy. it'll still be classy after all these trends pass.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune

Being classy and sought after doesn't mean everybody needs to like them or want them. And i understand they're different types of wheel, I'm correct in saying they aren't as well known though

if you were in the game 4-5 years ago, that rim was a very sought after wheel. probably top 3 wheels to get back then. I'm sorry but there's people who know wheels and then there's people who actually have rocked them and traded wheels like baseball cards. this is the one pet peeve I have with people who claim they are wheel buffs. unless you've owned these wheels or rocked a multitude of wheels over seeing them in magazines and cutting them out unto your own car, or seeing it in blogs that make them popular,then you are not a true wheel guy.

TSW has several wheels that copy the Volk SF Winnings. They certainly have had copies made over the years. Mesh wheels are incredibly popular, and likely always will be as such they will all have copies. So, really you all three of you are right. There are a LOT of knock off wheels that copied Auto Couture, but I'd guess most have never heard of them. I've been selling wheels for about 10 years now, and I can support that high end wheels can't get copied 100% by cheap companies just by the engineering stand point. But I think that Blue8g means that the style is copied, not necessarily the entire wheel. It might be a 90% copy of the SF Winnings (TSW Donnington).

still one of my favorite designs:
    Volk SF Challenge

From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

challenges are very classy and aggressive. always a great wheel!!

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    still one of my favorite designs:
    Volk SF Challenge

These wheels make me so horny!!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast