The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problems with idle V6

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Problems with idle V6

Well my car is turning off if i take my foot off the accelerator. Sometimes it works nice sometimes it doesnt. Any ideas?? No CEL on.

Whens the last time the TB and Mass sensor was cleaned?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Never i guess, bought tha car like 1ka miles ago. What do i need to get that done?

Carb & choke cleaner????

For the throttle body you use throttle body cleaner,and for the maf you use maf cleaner.When you clean the throttle body it is a good idea to take the iac off so it doesn't get wet.

Awesome ill do this hope this works, if it doesnt work what other thing could be???

If it doesnt work then your iac is bad.When is the last time the car had a tune up?

Well i replaced: oil seals head cover gaskets tensioners damper timing belt tensiiner spark plugs spark plug wires air filter like 500 k miles ago

Ok so it cant be the spark plugs,so if cleaning the throttle body doesnt help then i would say your iac is bad.

Do you have a part # or the complete name?

The full name is idle air control valve.Here is one if you need it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-03...item4cf8af8acd

Damn thankss a lot!!! This was veryyyy helpful.

No problem hopefully you get the idling problem fixed.

Ill post update and picsshock tomorrow after cleaning, am installing shocks gr2, springs teins, and shock mounts tomorrow.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

If you confirm that your IAC is bad, there's a guy selling v6 parts on clasificadosonline, I called him about the complete throttle body for my swap and he asked me $35 but I'm not buying it so check it out and he is in bayamon
    http://www.clasificadosonline.com/Au...asp?ID=3100150

4g64T 5spd

Got this done today, damn it was dirtyyyyy now it idles at 900 instead of the 600 before

So did it fix the problem? Are you still stalling?

Well it used to come and go, is not doing it atm. What i noticed is sometimes while on drive at a red light revs drop to around 500 to 600rpms and some times it stays at around 700 to 800. But other than that its been working good