The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: HELP: Car overheated

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

HELP: Car overheated

Driving the last few days at 100 degrees and today its not hot and the thing overheated, with what sounds like a leak.

Theres coolant behind the the thermostat housing under the intake. I have a 1999 v6 Galant. Thermostat was changed a few months back changed upper radiator hose, bottom seems fine. any suggestions on why it sounds like its leaking from under the intake? left car by side of road, going back after work to try and resolve the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUpmk_3aGD4

There is a coolant line that goes into the Throttle body. I would look and see if there are any cracks anywhere. I can't watch the video here at work, so that's the best info I can give ya for now.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    There is a coolant line that goes into the Throttle body. I would look and see if there are any cracks anywhere. I can't watch the video here at work, so that's the best info I can give ya for now.
    that would basically be it, word of advice when replacing those lines, get some antifreeze on the inside of the tubes (but keep your hands dry) so they will slide onto the inlet/outlets easier, it is damn near impossible (when I did it with my car) to do it dry

You can't make anything out of the video, very low quality. Like posted above, check the TB lines and the water outlet for leaks.

THank you guys. sorry about the low quality vid, crappy old phone.

It did turn out to be the line into the TB that had cracked. Just replaced all good now.

At least you have it figured out.

While you're in there you should replace both lines and any other hose that is hard and brittle, you may leak some coolant so it would be a good idea to have some handy.

Great. Make sure you do a coolant flush time to time. Your engine will love you.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built