The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EGR Cleaning?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    TGC Regular

EGR Cleaning?

So i changed my EGR Valve and its still getting a P401 code. Does anyone have an efficient way to clean out the EGR System? Most of what I was recommended to do was just block it off. Someone else told me seafoam would work but how do I feed to the EGR system directly? I believe theres a carbon build up in the lines. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Egr

Look up my posts.... I am having the same problems. I am not an avid mitsubishi owner but I am trying to work threw my problem.
    I have a 2000 galant v6. I read up on the seafoam alittle and it seems kinda iffy. Search for a video about seafoam on youtube. There's also this idea of pouring cold water in the intake of a hot car to get rid of carbon, again I can't really find that logical...
    I ended up removing the intake and had it chem cleaned at a machine shop there was alot of muck in the intake (egr ports)... But I still have an egr code. I don't have the luxury of bypassing because it won't pass state inspection here.

block the valve with a sealed gasket,you dont need that crap recircing lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

try a new throttle body?
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

TGC Regular
    Im probably going to do a new exaust system and get it cleaned. Gonna change out the throttle bosy, egr valve, egr solenoid, while I'm at it. Anyone can firmly confirm that it wont throw a code if I do a block off? on 02 ES?

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant