The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gauges Question

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Gauges Question

So I just installed the black faced reverse glow Alfa Otto gauges. I turned the lights on and everything works fine, except when I switch the color to blue there is a high pitch ringing noise. If I switch it to green there is no noise at all, switch back to blue and the high pitch ring comes back, if I turn the dimmer down the ringing gets higher pitched as I turn the knob until its to high to hear and then off once the knob is on the lowest setting. Has anyone had or solved this problem or similar problem?

similar issue with a set of gauges i bought in 03 for my 01 8g. Only diff. is that mine do it in both colors and only on high. Hasn't bothered me enough to look to deep into it

what inverter are you using? the one that came w/ those gauges might be the problem. alot of us that have EL gauges upgrade to the SPEEDHUT inverter because it makes the gauges brighter and is well made so it doesn't whine.

http://www.speedhut.com/product_deta...NUMBER-368.htm
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-21-2012 at 04:21 PM

Yeah I'm using the one that came with the gauges. I'll look into that speedhut inverter, but your link didn't work.

try it again, i must have double pasted it. fixed.

Ok now it works. I guess I'll order that inverter and see if it solves the problem. Thanks

I have the Alfa Otto gauges and there is just an ever so slight whine from mine but once I put it in the dash and buttoned everything up you can't hear it at all.