The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Door Lock and Unlock button dont work..

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Door Lock and Unlock button dont work..

Ive recently purchased a 8g galant and i started fixing up minor things here and there to get the car up and running properly.. I noticed that my lock and unlock button does not work but yet when i lock the door manually all other doors lock, Can someone please guide me in the right direction with this? Any help would be appriciated.
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

are u talking about the lock/unlock switch or the peice by the handle wont lock?

check fuses. check if all switches work/ don't work.

if ure talking about the remote. that could be cause of prior alarm system that dissconected the remote feature
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

I think hes saying when he presses the driver door button nothing happens. But when he presses on the actual lock(by the door handle) then all the doors lock like they should.

MY guess would be its the driver side switch i would check to see if its plugged in and if it is then i would look forward to replacing it

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Im reffering to the button were the window switches are, that button is not working but yet when i lock the door manually that works without a problem.. Does someone here have the illustration on the fuse locations in car mines is completely missing and i just ordered one from ebay..
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

its the first 15blue from top fuse in fuse box. the one inside the car on dricer side of dash. mine blew and doesnt work but to lazy to replace

If you lock/unlock your door manually and all other doors electronically lock/unlock too then there is not a blown fuse. You just have a bad switch.

so has this been resolved just a fuse problem? im having the same problem now

Usually this is a problem within the switch grab one from the jy try swapping it out and see how that goes you could also try some contact cleaner or electronics cleaner could be from years of dust or water interfering with the contacts.

what is a jy sorry i am not familiar with most these terms.

jy = junk yard

oh ok thanks , If i turn the key twice to the right and all the door dont unlock its a blown fuse ? or a bad switch?
    ps the dome lights dont work either maybe having them on shorted the doors?

problem solved replaced dome light fuse