The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DOHC Swap Questions...Help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

DOHC Swap Questions...Help

Im getting all my parts together to do the DOHC swap and just ran into some questions that have not yet been answered by searching.. Maybe you guys can help me out..

Does the Hyundai Timming Belt off the 2.4 work? What timming Belt can i use for this swap?

Do I have to get the adapter plate for the waterpump? Ive seen alot of people of EvoM using it and just wondering if i could still maintain my stock water pump since it was recently replaced..

Can anyone please help me find the write up for the resistor box for the injectors.. Im going to run stock evo injectors and i want to get it wired up right..
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

All those have been answered, but its alot of searching so...
    You need a 94 Galant GS timing belt, it came stock with DOHC 2.4, so that belt is the right size.
    No, you don't need a evo water pump, your stock one will work fine, if you use an evo 8 block or 4g63t, you need the adapter plate if you running a 2.4 water pump. So your good there, use your stock water pump
    As far as the diagram, I have no idea of the top of my head, best bet is to search. IF you don't want to use resistors you can use high impedance injectors

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

So i can get away with using a 94 Galant GS timming belt and not needing the adjustable cam gears ? Im considering putting the head on sometime soon, im just sending the head to get milled because previous owner blew the headgasket on it and im not trying to take any chances.. All the sensors will plug right in without any issues also right? Please forgive me for the Newbie like questions, i never found a thread that will give me a straight to the point answer when it came to this crap
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

Searching is the best feature. Club3g has the best info for the DOHC swap IMO. But off the top of my head, I know you need adjustable cam gears on both, and sensors? I'm assuming the cam position wouldn't work, because the its DOHC not SOHC, and you need a new water neck. you can use your stock coil packs, BUT you need evo 8 spark plug boots. You might wanna search a little bit more before you attempt this

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    You need adjustable gears either way. In regard to the resistor box wiring, do a google search under google images for "dsm resistor box wiring" and there are about 25 pictures showing how to wire it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Yeah. U need new water neck. If you going evo head go with evo parts. If you go hundi go with their part. Resistor pack. All negative wire go to resistor all signal goes to harness. But search for the right settup. Cam sensor is a most. And a tune is suppppperrr important. U will run like crap if you use the evo maps. Also swap evo maf 399 if you using evo injecotors and ecu. 501 maf is a fail with the swap. Im not to sure, the evo ecu needs some work. You will get cel for missing turbo sensors
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-23-2011 at 11:13 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Edit. If you use the 94 galant belt i believe you dont need adj cam gear. Evom guys use them because they use their stock belt. And that is the wrong setup since is too tight. But is good to have one like Brian said. U never know. Good for high timing cams.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

The guy who sold me the evo 8 head, gave me the water kneck and all the internals off the head, im gonna take a picture of the stuff that i have so you guys can verify with me what else i need..