The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projectors on JDM bumper?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Projectors on JDM bumper?

Hey guys, was wondering if a pair of projectors would fit easily with a JDM bumper. The bumper is the new style VR4, and I was thinking about these heads.
    http://www.jmautoracing.com/19992003...k-p-36200.html

They look longer than stock US ones so I'm assuming it would be an easy fit, but I figured I'd ask the masters

they will fit but you will more than likely see a gap between the bumper and the headlights. Not sure how big of a gap or if you might be comfortable with it. FYI you can get those on ebay for a hell of a lot cheaper than the website

Oh thanks, with the HID kit too? Also what kind of grills would work with that? JDM I'm guessing.

Facelift " kouki" as you guys know it..
    im running those lights on wifes Facelift VR4 Legnum wich is JDM and i built up the bumper to suit the lights,search "wifes new Twin Turbo" and youll se the complete progress..
    and if you need anyhting pm me i supply alot of jdm goodies
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Thanks man! If you can get me a grill for cheap then I'll definitely be hitting you up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleak View Post
    Oh thanks, with the HID kit too? Also what kind of grills would work with that? JDM I'm guessing.
    The OEM 99-01 grill fits perfect between the headlights. When i had projectors in before my JDM's that was the setup I had. Not sure about the 02-03 grill and the JDM grills but they might work. IDK. Look at me garage and you will see pics

since those are USDM size lights u would want a USDM grill to minimize gaps.

also, as far as the HID 8000K is too high; stick to between 4250K and 6000K for best performance (luminosity), higher color temps (K) yield lower brightness (lumens).
    Last edited by Reelax; 10-11-2011 at 06:11 PM

Oh so they are USDM lights. I thought they looked a little longer. So how about the VR4 grill with that style heads?

Oh so they are USDM lights. I thought they looked a little longer. So how about the VR4 grill with that style heads?
    you will have gaps between the grill and heads... the JDM headlights are wider and the JDM grill is narrower as compared to USDM. you can make a JDM look-a-like grill by cutting the vertical slats out of the USDM '99-'01 grill, smooth out the nubs and then back w/ mesh; lots of members here have done that.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I like how that second picture is some volvo with pnp..

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    you will have gaps between the grill and heads... the JDM headlights are wider and the JDM grill is narrower as compared to USDM. you can make a JDM look-a-like grill by cutting the vertical slats out of the USDM '99-'01 grill, smooth out the nubs and then back w/ mesh; lots of members here have done that.
    Do you have any idea how big the gap would be? I'm really liking the look of the VR4 grill and would love to use it but I don't want a huge gap.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Do you have any idea how big the gap would be? I'm really liking the look of the VR4 grill and would love to use it but I don't want a huge gap.
    Its about a one to two finger gap between the heads and the grille...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

qcustoms might be able to ship u a extended fibreglass new style vr4 grille.

aww thanx darren.. yes i can but youl lbe paying for the grille a nd then for the plastic welding and bog job lol.....
    www.qcustoms.co.nz