The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trying to install exhaust

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Trying to install exhaust

http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsub...n02032066.html

I found this and was wondering if it is worth the money. I want to put a full exhaust on my car but am a noob and dont know how to go upon this.
    Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

That's pricey, and when it comes time to replace that cat you either replace the entire thing again or chop it. You may want to look into getting a header and one of those "hi-flow" cats that bolt on.

C i want sumtin semi big and that sounds clean. Magnaflow sounds kind of like a muscle car (well to me) and i want a tuner sound. Idk wer to look, and i was wondering how hard it would b to install it myself?

you're focusing on the wrong end of the exhaust if you want a louder sound. start with the cat back section of the exhaust especially the muffer. getting full headers will make the car louder but will also introduce raspiness.

So wat would u recommend for my situation? I was thinking of a catback but dont know which brand or wat kind?

Well you did say it yourself. Get a magnaflow muffler and have it welded on or get a bolt on. Dont worry about the muscle cars, we lack 4 cylinders so th sound you will get is gonna be a deep hum type.

Ya i did cuz i thought it would b a quick n easy mod

My opinion on this is get a nice catback muffler such as: magnaflow or megan. Its not going to gain you any power, but the engine will breathe better. If you want any HP gain you will have to tune the computer. Magnaflow is a good muffler and it has a deep sound to it. good luck with the MOD.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Installing any aftermarket manifold will make your car loud. Just like what they said just buy magnaflow exhaust they only $100-$130 online plus the $60 welding fee, you save $250 and you will have a nice exhaust sound. If you have 4 cylinder engine get the magnaflow street series or if you have v6 go with the magnaflow race series.

If you modified your OEM air intake you will have much better sound specialy for v6 galant.

TURBO= in the making.......

Well ya for right now im not too worried about makin hp ill worry bout that later but now the only thin is if theres a type of magnaflow that is anyone recommends like the design?

the 3G eclipse and the USDM 8G are essentially the same car (except for 2 doors and about 10"). plenty of TGC members have used these mufflers with great results.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3g/magnaflow.htm

as far as cat back, there are a few now made for the USDM 8G and pretty much any 3G eclipse cat back can be lengthened to use on our platform. additionally, one can b custom made at any reputable exhaust shop.
    Last edited by Reelax; 09-28-2011 at 09:43 PM

Awsome thnx for that link Reelax and to install that all i have to do it cuz off the oem muffler and weld that one in place?

Any of y'all heard of the Varex mufflers hot shit from the Aussies down under

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7jGY...e_gdata_player

This shit is crazy Google Varex mufflers there site is top of the list
    Last edited by master_visionary; 09-28-2011 at 10:49 PM
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Lopez View Post
    Awsome thnx for that link Reelax and to install that all i have to do it cuz off the oem muffler and weld that one in place?

if u r just after a better sound/tone, then yeah, just get a performance muffler... keep in mind that a muffler upgrade alone will not increase power much if at all. to get the most performance out of your exhaust you would need a "full" replacement, like what you mentioned in your original post. that involves headers and full mandrel bent catback meaning basically, all the exhaust piping from your engine block to the exhaust tip(s) would be replaced with larger diameter mandrel bent piping, typically removing your catalytic converters and resonators... that type of system, although much more free flowing than stock, is also very loud.

You going for sound tunability check out the before mentioned Varex link

Me I'm a lil of both

Ya thats wat i wanted to do from the beginnin but i eventually want to either swap to a v6 or get a gtz so i dont want to go all out on it.

And yes i did check out the verex exhaust but it seemed like even with that souped up impreza wen the muffler was opened it sounded like a fart can. In my opinion

Then get a cherry bomb and Polish it

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Then get a cherry bomb and Polish it
    what are you talking about?

Like get a full exhaust system on my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast