Ok here we go, I recently bought a GTZ in need of some TLC mostly cosmedic but after some recent discoveries I found that my cooling fans were not kicking on.

So I did the normal troubleshooting, unpluged the harness to the fans and hooked them up directly to the battery DING they worked great! Next I pluged them back in and pulled the relay and used my DMM to see if there was a power signal from the Thermal Switch to the relay and yes it was getting power. So even after I tested everything and put it all back to factory after the car warms up the fans still do not turn on.

So I unplugged the Thermal Sensor wire harness from the top of the coolant inlet and BAM those suckers fired right up.... Confused at this point I then pulled the Relay to see if they would shut down and they did.

I replaced the Thermal sensor, Thermostat. So I am thinking the Relay might be shot I can hear it click when I pulled out and back in ("thats what she said!")!

Second issue and this is a strange one, Before I started troubleshooting the rad fan issue, Since they were not working techincally the car should have over headed since I was sitting for 20+ min with the engine running after a drive to the store and back, The temp sensor and gauge both work, it never jumped past halfway, There is no coolant leak, There is no oil in the rad or chocolate milk in the engine, Water pump seems to be working and heater blows very hot. Also no constant water vapor other then the normal cold start that goes right away after warm up.

I am confused by this, If it was a set of bad headgaskets the car would be overheating quickly atleast this is what I have experienced in the past with failed Hgaskets on other cars.

Oh yeah my radiator is not the stock one its a HUGE aftermarket metal tank almost twice the size as the stock tank.

Any insite or suggestions on eather issue would be great! I have owned several 90-92 galants and love the hell out of them this is my first 8G so far its been a trial trying to figure this guy out!

Before it is asked, Yes the car runs smooth, drives fine and pulled like a stock raped ape should!

Thanks for readiing my novel!

-Shinju