The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: running super rich and rough

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

running super rich and rough

v6... so i finally got my car back together all the way. but now it has a super rough idle, and it smells as if it's running super rich. I had to remove the distributor to change out the water pipe between the thermostat housing and the water pump, but I thought I marked it well enough to get it back to original position. any thoughts?
    Last edited by acremeans2326; 03-17-2012 at 10:55 PM

went from rough idle to no start. i tried cleaning out the iac/tb/mas and now it doesn't start

Anybody? I have to get this car running. I don't just want to go buy a new MAS and IAC...

If I pull the plug from cylinder 4 and try to start the car to see a spark (still can't get the car to run), there is smoke coming from the spark plug hole. Anybody know why this cylinder would be smoking?

when it did run... Did you have smoke coming out the tail pipe? If so, what color?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The smoke that came from the spark plug opening is white. When the car ran last (running very rich), it was dark, so I couldn't tell. The car has been sitting for almost 6 years, and I just got it running again. I have another post called 8g back from the dead that explains all of the things I've done. I'm kind of worried that the white smoke is exhaust that is trying to leave out of time. which makes me worry about the whole thing being out of time.

well white smoke is antifreeze, so sounds like a bad head gasket to me. Not sure if you replaced that yet or not but I'll check your other thread later.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse