The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: idle issue

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

idle issue

so lately since its been warm my car seems to idle funky! when driving everything is fine but if i come to a red light the idle jumps from 800 to 900 to stall! this doesent happen all the time but at least 2-3 times a day. i have no cel light either.the a/f on idle is 15.1 to 15.5 which to me is not normal cuz it usually at 14.9 to 15.1
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

It could be your alternator or maybe the iac.Your car is turboed?If it is it could be a vacuum leak somewhere too.It could be causing it to have an idle surge because of it.

14.9 is still on the high side but ok for now and has nothing to do with your ideling check all vacuum hoses, intake couplings and give your maf a cleaning that's a start then you go from there if it still happens

I was gonna say the same my car did that a few days ago and i didnt know the prob i even took a pic and didnt notice it till i uploaded it on here that the intake boot by the MAF was loose. lmao that would happen to me
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Happened to me last week, I had the same issues, even threw a System Too Lean code for bank one and two. Found out that my intake resonator fell off. Taped the hole up, and not only did it fix the idle, but my gas mileage went up considerably, makes me think the resonator was loose and leaking for a while then, which would explain the 14.9 regular afr you have. Hope this helps!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

ill start with maf than and thank for the info
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Is there a way to check the IAC?

Just so happened my car idles high, sits at 1k then accelerates to 2k holds for a few seconds then drops back to 1k, then it repeats itself. Also idk if this is normal but as its doing this, I unplugged the IAC and there was no change in its behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Is there a way to check the IAC?

Just so happened my car idles high, sits at 1k then accelerates to 2k holds for a few seconds then drops back to 1k, then it repeats itself. Also idk if this is normal but as its doing this, I unplugged the IAC and there was no change in its behavior.
    Yeah you can take it out and wipe it off with a dry rag,dont use anything wet on it people have made that mistake before.Is your check engine light on at all?Also did you ever clean your throttle body out before?

I have sprayed a rag with carb cleaner and then wiped the throttle body, worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    I have sprayed a rag with carb cleaner and then wiped the throttle body, worked for me.
    I am talking about on the iac itself,that is something you dont want to get wet.If it gets wet that is usually when problems start.

That I know guys, I have cleaned the TB and MAF. My question is, is there a way of testing the IAC off the car?

Yes! Basically if you supply power to certain pins it should move a little. I'll try to dig it up.

I had to do it when I swapped TBs and used the wrong IAC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    -Andrew

What about ohm readings on the pins?