The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: head port and polish how much $$$$$

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    paco

head port and polish how much $$$$$

Does anybody know how much is it to port and polish the head??

HiperSilver
    depends on the job,

anywhere from around 200 or so.

the average quote i have got was around $600-700, and that was just a mild Job
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

leadfoot
    why not just get forged piston's and rods? i think it would be just about the same but different compression

TGC Regular
    getting forged pistons and polishing is completely different
    Your signature is too long.

TGC Regular
    id like to get a idea of a price and if anyone knows where to get this done on a i4 motor around upstate NY i got about 4 or 5k im gona be dumping into my engine bay this summer since all my plans for body work went down the drain...
    - Atba

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    damn if you going to spend 4-5 grands why not go take the car to staten island stop at RIPP's and put that super charger in there :thumbsup:. i am thinking with all the super chargers they have installed i am guessing you can be out by the end of the day. <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>ROADTRIP BABY!!!!</span>

BlankMan
    This site should give you a general idea of what type of jobs and prices are out there...

J

Tiller
    save your cash and buy a fast car in a couple of years...

a P&P alone is going to do nothing for you anyhow... it's kind of a last step after you've decided to do the bottom end, then you move to the heads...

no power from it, without other pieces... and that gets costly...

paco
    thanks for all the replies guys. That website helped out a lot. Now:
    What does Minor Bowl Blending means??

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'>save your cash and buy a fast car in a couple of years...

a P&P alone is going to do nothing for you anyhow... it's kind of a last step after you've decided to do the bottom end, then you move to the heads...

no power from it, without other pieces... and that gets costly...</div>

Gee, anyone doing anything to their car could take that advice P&P does have it's benefits. True, you'll see more benefit from it in combination with other mods - but wait, isn't that the case with almost every performance mod - intake, exhaust, headers, etc.? You see more as you add. At any rate, 2 things that aren't given proper credit, IMHO, is P&P in I/E port & gasket matching...

J

Gilhuly
    I also am in the camp that suspects P&P will have beneficial effects on this car - particularly the porting. At 3.0L there is plenty of displacement and we should be able to get more power out of it

TGC Regular
    well im lookin to slap a turbo on my i4 this summer so i realy might get this done and the forged pistons and whatnot just gota start gathering info now and start buying parts..
    And as for the comment from tiller whats the fun in that? to buy a fast car i love my lant and no other car i want untill i finish it some of us do like owr cars but everyone is entitled to their own likes and dislikes...
    - Atba

00GTZ00
    Here in houston, Their is a shop of 59 North(ish) that will do a P&P and 3 angle valve job for 150 -200 if you bring in the heads. the name of the shop is Scroggins (sp?) This was the price that they quoted me and my cousin when we got hi8s L98 heads worked over...

In my experiances just doing a P&P will net you approx 10whp BUT if you add a cam while you are at it I could see 30-40 hp gain out of the 3.0L WITH proper tuning after it is installed. With out tuning I would say you will see around 20 maybe 25 hp with the cam and the P&P.

BUT this is JMO....