The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Where's the fuel pump relay on a 95 Galant?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Where's the fuel pump relay on a 95 Galant?

I can't seem to find this thing anywhere. I'm not getting power to the Fuel Pump. I've read it's on the driver side, connected to the stereo case. Can I get a better description of where it is?

Thanks.

Take your stereo out, pull the snifter bezel and radio bezel out they are in there, but just to let you know its going to be a dealer item.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Well, I've taken off the trim pieces and the stereo. now all that's there is the silver metal piece that the stereo fits in. Do I have to take that off too? I know it's one of those things where it's right in front of me, but I'm spacing out when looking for it. Is it towards the back? When I look inside the stereo slot I see a silver box...I'm guessing ECU. Where is it in relation to that?

I kinda figured it was a dealer part since I can't find anywhere online. I think I saw RockAuto had one though.

OK, I think I might see it, but I still can't get to it. I see something latched onto the outside right of where the radio housing slips into. I've taken off the kick panel right near the pedal or where your knee would be, but there's another piece of plastic that's part of the whole dash that blocks me from getting to it. Seems like I would have to left up the dash to get to it!?

All dash pieces around the knee area come out. Its usually a 10mm bolt or anchor tie that holds the relay. IDK what year you have, but for 94-95 the MPI relay consist both fuel pump and multi injection relay in one unit. The 96-98 have two separate relays
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thanks 306 and MKO. I found the relays. It consists of both relays in one with a gold'ish casing. There was just enough room to get to the 10mm and get it out of there...man, they really tuck those things away.

Only thing is, when getting things back together and putting the relay back on. I hear the fuel pump kicking in. Car still won't start though...man this thing is a mystery.

Most likely the distributor is shot
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

When I put everything back together, the fuel pump runs now. A mechanic friend checked the engine for compression, and it absolutely has none...not even a blip. And we went through a couple of procedures to check. It kinda seems like the valves are stuck open. Either way, something is fucked up in the engine, not allowing compression. I think the good ol' Galant has finally called it quits, and the car can't be worth more then $800. So it wouldn't even be worth putting that much money into it.