The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: power mirror switch

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

power mirror switch

one of my bulbs is out in the mirror control switch so i went to junkyard to pick up a new one. i pulled it out and installed in mine, nothing happens so i take it back and get another one, install and still nothing happens but if i put the old one back in with the blown bulb, it works..i dont get it? the part is labeled for 99-03 models everywhere so it should work?

gotta check those jy switches and make sure they didnt get wet and corroded while sitting out, sometimes doors are left open, windows open, shit gets wet

nah man..they were perfectly fine..i opened up the panel myself to take them out..but one could be bad, not 2 or 3

water can still get in from the top, thats all, just check it out...but why not take the insides out of the jy one and swap it and see if it helps

what you mean take insides out? it seems the power comes to it cuz i can see the bulbs lighting up...just that the switch itself wont move my mirrors

just because it lights up doesn't mean its getting power. power that controls the mirror switch is on a different circuit from illumination.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

oh ok..thanks so u suggest i keep hacking into different ones at jy? i done already tried 3 of them and it takes a while to get it all open just for that lil piece or should i just buy one on ebay?

im thinking its not the switch and something else

^^ like what? my switch now works fine that has the bulb out so its nothing electrical on my car but when i put the switch in from jy, the lights come on but switch dont work

I'm not sure how much you're spending for the switches from the junkyard, but I got fed up of buying used ones whose bulbs keep burning out, so I bought new from the dealer, it was only $37.71 from oemmitsubishiparts.com