The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone else GTS lose a qt between oil changes?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Anyone else GTS lose a qt between oil changes?

06 GTS

I seem to burn a qt between oil changes. Is this normal for these motors? I see no outward signs of losing oil. No smoke, leaks, or mixed in with other fluids.

Your burning it somehow if there's no external leakage most likely valve stem seals are leaking a bit...

same here . I have an 06 GTS. no smoke , no leaks . Engine is clean on the outside and underneath. I always put in the right amount of oil when I do an oil change.

What is the oil change interval and what oil are you using?

Oils breakdown and wear differently between between conventional, synthetic, synthetic blends and those high mileage that I would just throw into the conventional group.

As for me at 218k miles on my 99 2.4, 5 quarts of 5 or 10-30 Mobil 1 go in and a bit over 3.5 quarts comes out at around 3500 to 4500 intervals, depending when the cash allows another $50 oil change.

I will add that my car has remote start and it is used and abused very often (the remote start function) so my engine sees more hours of run time in 3000 miles than most other cars.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 08-08-2012 at 01:32 AM

You need a new Valve cover gasket set. Specifically for the spark plug gaskets. I had the same problem. Changed the gasket and no longer burned oil. Here is a link to the set.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...ver+gasket+set

Try some AUTO RX. It will unclog all oil passages so oil can pass, so you don't have any oil being pushed through your rings.
    http://www.auto-rx.com/